IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

bank park management parking charge

Options
Hi I have been issued with a parking charge from bank park management for failure to pay for parking in west bromwich, at the farley centre. I was not the driver when this failure occurred, but am the registered keeper of the vehicle. I have read the newbies thread and many other posts, following which I will be emailing the below to the company as an appeal. I just wanted to know if it was sufficient, or if i needed to add anything re inadequate signage? As i was told by the driver he failed to see signage re parking fees (parked at 10.15pm),.If you could give me your thoughts I would appreciate it. Many thanks

Re PCN number: XXXXX

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner and to my MP.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require ALL photos taken and an explanation of the allegation and your evidence. (They have sent images of my vehicle and REG on the NTK - So should i omit the requirement of photos?)

Formal note:
Should you later pursue this charge by way of litigation, note that service of any legal documents by email is expressly disallowed and you are not entitled to assume that the data in this dispute/appeal remains the current address for service in the future.

Yours faithfully,

XXXXXX > I will enter my full name and current add, as they have been sending notices to my old add (I failed to update dvla!)...

Thanks guys!
:money:

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    do not change anything at all, stick to the tried and tested advice

save any arguments for popla , if they offer popla

you want ALL photos, notice the word ALL, not just what they issued with the pcn

that appeal is carefully crafted, which is why the word ALL is used
  • sai1601
    sai1601 Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • sai1601
    Options
    Hi guys just and update and a little advice needed. I sent an email to bank park on the 17th July and received no acknowledgement of the appeal email. Today I have found a debt collectors notice that was dated 22nd July, stating if the matter has not been addressed within 14 days the case will be reviewed for legal recovery. Do i contact them, or resend the appeal email?
  • Redx
    Options
    chances are the 1st appeal was too late due to the address error

DO NOT CONTACT the debt collectors

read post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread about ignoring debt collectors, who are powerless
  • sai1601
    Options
    thank you for your prompt reply. i can't seem to find the post, are you able to link it here by any chance?
  • Redx
    Options
    top of this forum, third thread down , scroll down to post #4 (its number 4 of 5 posts that everyone should read) - so its a sticky thread above this thread of yours
  • sai1601
    Options
    got it ...
  • sai1601
    Options
    ok so i've read it, i will ignore the letters but what do i do in the meantime? wait to see if they take the matter further?...

aslo i'm aware that in the thread it said debt collectors are not the same as bailiffs, but this particular letter was from DCBL (debt collection bailiffs limited), it states they are certified bailiffs. is this a scare tactic and should i take same advice and ignore?
  • Redx
    Options
    a letter before claim and then court claim MAY be the next steps within 6 years

DCBL are both debt collectors and bailiffs , 2 different sections

as debt collectors they are powerless , this is the section you are at right now

if BANK obtained a court order (CCJ) , they could then employ DCBL as bailiffs , which is a different matter entirely

until a judge has made a decision, there is nothing either side can do but send letters

after 6 years it times out , so even if your V5C had been up to date and you appealed earlier, you would still be at this same point of IGNORE as the appeal would have been rejected

welcome to limbo land , stuck between a rock and a hard place
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You dont do anything in the meantime , why would you?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback