mumof3.12kindebt - mortgage free by 40!

Options

Comments

• mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    apple muncher . Thank you. It's so lovely to be in a relationship where we are both on the same page. It makes things much easier. One thing I love is the fact we never argue or disagree about money because we are so open about it.
    I have to agree . I'm going to speak to my manager today as I'm still in my probation period and want to be honest about it all.

I'm going to ask what my options are regarding time off etc.

I'll update tonight after my shift
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • Tropically
    Tropically Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think that you are a really lovely success story and I wish you lots more success in the future! Good luck with everything in your journey, it sounds like you've been able to play a great hand after being dealt an unlucky set of cards. How is your health these days?
    Mortgage started at £318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041 :eek:
    2nd Property Mortgage at £275,000. Mortgage free: 2049 :eek:
    Total OPs: £29529
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Hello my beautiful diary friends,
    I hope you are all well.

Thankyou Tropically.
    I have been very lucky in the last few years. And I'm very greatful for it all. I have good and bad days with my cerebral palsy but it will always be that way. I'm on a range on different painkillers, but I manage to run a home. Raise my babies and keep down a job, it's all what keeps me going during the tough times I just have to be kind to myself and take a rest when I need it, if I push myself I'll spend months recovering from it. For the most part i do quite well , I just take each day as it comes. My mental health (bipolar) has been pretty much stable for over two years now. My medication works and I just have to make sure I get enough sleep each night. Alot of the time that will mean me going to bed as soon as the kids are in bed but its just became routine now son not really an issue anymore . And I don't allow things to stress me out like I use to. Because stress is a major trigger for me. And I'm determined to not get poorly.

It's my birthday today :) 27 ! I feel so much older saying 27 than when I was 26 :rotfl:

We packed a picnic and went to the beach. Didn't spend any money there. :money: which was fab.

£18 spent in Tesco on essentials and some red bull for work tomorrow (just incase)
    £52.01 on fuel :o first time I've gone over by a penny in a while :rotfl:

Overall a lovely day. (It didn't rain and wasn't rediculously hot.)
    Memories made. So happy mummy and daddy and the kids had a blast !
    It's a beautiful beach that I have never took the kids too but it's now one of our nearest (1 hour drive) will definitely be going there alot more in the future and ultra bonus there's no arcades for the kids to beg to spend money at :D :money:

We are all off for showers now, and then we are going to snuggle up and Watch a film together.
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • zcrat41
    zcrat41 Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely day!
  • mortgage_girl
    Options
    Happy birthday! _party_

I've just read through your diary and what you've achieved so far is fantastic. I'll be watching your journey and cheering you on!

MGx
    :jMortgage free 08.08.19 :j
    2018: £19410.25 / £9,300 2017: £7646.64 / £11,000 2016: 4557.98 / £11,000 2015: £10,230.37 / £11,000 2014 =£6703.26 / £11,000 2013 = £4288.51 / £8000 2012 = £1600/£5000 2011 = £2579/£3000
    MF date was Nov 2041 - mortgage neutral 23.07.18

• mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Thank you both :)

The support is really helping to make sure we stay on track.

I'm trying to use my vape more. I'm at work all day today so let's see if I can get through break and after work without the nicotine stick. :o ((I have no nicotine in my vape :rotfl: )

I'm leaving earlier today as their was road works Friday afternoon and I ended up on a massive detour. Took me 2 hours to get to work. ! Luckily I wasn't late. :D

So today began with a 4am wake up.

Fingers crossed it's a nice shift at work and I don't get too tired. (I went to bed at 7.30pm but I didn't actually fall asleep until about 9pm)

Today will be a no spend day. :) I get fed at work too so that's a nice little perk to the job :)

Have a great day everyone

Love and hugs to you all
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Good morning my beautiful diary friends,
    I hope you are all well.

Was at work all day yesterday, was a NSD

Partner took kids for a walk. And down to the woodland and stream.

Should be another no spend day today.

Work this afternoon. Pay day Wednesday :) hoping I'm paid enough to get our savings to £4000. The higher it gets the less anxious I'll feel.

We have been using stuff up for meals we have n the house. Which isn't the easiest when you have no cooker, but we are doing okay.we did a good shop The day before our cooker broke so we have quite a bit in the freezer to use once the new cooker has arrived.

One thing with the cooker breaking is I've been coming up with meals that we wouldn't normally have so it's been a nice time experiment abit more.

We haven't got as much out of the garden as I was hoping but it's all helped. I'm hoping next year will be better. I'm also going to start using some food scraps to see what we can get from it like sprouting potato peelings and planting the runners off our strawberry plants. Next year I'm pledging to document better how much we actually harvest from our small urban garden. Everything is grown in pots. I am hoping to get a raised bed in there somewhere for next year.

I love growing our own bits of food and it helps the budget too. And the kids really enjoy it. Especially the digging and harvesting part.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :EasterBunBelated happy birthday!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • BachSoon
    BachSoon Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Hey mumof3, interesting update as always! I'd love to have some green fingered skill! I'm going to try something fairly simple and hopefully foolproof (:rotfl:) for when my DS is a bit bigger and able to understand. What would you suggest?
    Sorry to hear about the cooker. Jack Monroe (blogs as cooking on a bootstrap) has a microwave section if it helps? I love her recipes - cheap and lots of veggie recipes :beer:

Hope the vape is still going well! DH has fallen off the wagon and back on the cigs :mad: at least he knows that he's banished to the bottom of the garden or end of the road so it could be worse I suppose :rotfl:
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    savingholmes thank you :)

BachSoon vaping is going ok but I could be doing better :o.
    Garden wise I find strawberries and tomatoes and potatoes really easy. I use YouTube and Google if I get stuck. I've always been lucky with tomatoes and strawberries I just plant and water and just leave them in a sunny spot.

Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback