67.9K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭✭
My announcement doesn't have a link but this is the body of the announcement:

From !2!5! !J!u!l!y! !2!0!1!9!, w!e wil!l b!e chan!ging our
eBay delivery service provider
from Shutl to Packlink. Packlink will offer
the same delivery services (next day, standard,
collection and drop off) except Collect+.
For the remaining carrier delivery services,
there won’t be any rate changes as a result
of the change in service provider.
You will now be able to use pay as you go label
services (payable via credit or debit card and
Paypal) or will have the option to continue to
pay on invoice.
I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
New to Forum? Guide

Replies

• tomvoxtomvox Forumite
    160 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    As long as rates don't go up I'm happy. The 'PAYG' option is better with bigger items that can be paid for immediately with the monthly invoice option still available for those who prefer it.
  • fuzzgun19fuzzgun19 Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been transferred over to this today, tried to print a label, but it’s not there, and no email containing it either.
    I’ve looked in my ‘packlink account’, and it’s showing there, but says ‘processing’.
    How do I get the label?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • ballisticbrianballisticbrian Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I used this in the past, I only got invoices for the non-Royal Mail services. I spoke to them via chat and said I need invoices for my business for everything purchased through Shutl and they were unable to supply invoices and so I stopped using it immediately.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • November2November2 Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of negative feedback over on Ebay already. Be aware they have already messed up the N Ireland Myhermes service as they have added a surcharge, which of course Myhermes don't charge!
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    November2 wrote: »
    Lots of negative feedback over on Ebay already. Be aware they have already messed up the N Ireland Myhermes service as they have added a surcharge, which of course Myhermes don't charge!

As you say there is lot's of negative feedback already, people disliked Shutl but appear they would prefer that bought back rather than to use the new system.
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    I’ve been transferred over to this today, tried to print a label, but it’s not there, and no email containing it either.
    I’ve looked in my ‘packlink account’, and it’s showing there, but says ‘processing’.
    How do I get the label?

I didn't have problems finding my label - it downloaded just as it used to. My issue with it though is that they appear to be adding a surcharge to everything. When I used MyHermes recently (as per another thread) I checked the ebay price which was £6.49, print in store which was £6.49 and print at home as usual which was £5.99.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When I used this in the past, I only got invoices for the non-Royal Mail services. I spoke to them via chat and said I need invoices for my business for everything purchased through Shutl and they were unable to supply invoices and so I stopped using it immediately.

I printed out my own invoices for Shutl, but Shutl has now gone and this new service is awful, less choice, considerably more expensive for couriers than going direct- people are having all sorts of issues with it.
    New to Forum? Guide
  • fuzzgun19fuzzgun19 Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to update, I refreshed the page this morning and the label was there.
    Seems it takes time to be processed sometimes.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • ballisticbrianballisticbrian Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I printed out my own invoices for Shutl, but Shutl has now gone

I guess it's immaterial now it's gone, but as I recall there were a couple of option when you clicked on shutl, and one took you to Royal Mails offering, and these did not appear on shutl invoices and the only receipt was an email confirmation which didn't really provide a way to reconcile the accounts.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • lindenslindens Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have found Packlink to be garbage. 3 clicks have been replaced by 20 clicks. When i finally got to my label - it was formatted as though i had a label printer even though i have A4 ticked on shutl previously. There was absolutely nowhere to change this and Packlink's customer support is conveniently monday to friday 9-5!!!!! I had to take a screen shot of the label, and print it from Word. This meant the quality was so bad the shop couldnt scan it and had to manually enter the bar code!!
    Never again - back to parcel2go.
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • Just started using Packlink and on the whole prices are the same BUT only for England, Scotland and Wales!

SHUTL prices were always the same for the whole of the UK including NI, Isles and Highland.
    Packlink have added a surcharge for NI for sure ... risen from £2.79 for <2Kg to £3.30.
    Highlands is the same I think.
    Isles do not seem to work, just tried a label for Isle of Man and the postcode is not recognised, so where SHUTL was £2.79, Packlink does not provide a service!

On top of that the way the labels are presented is awful, now having to download and clutter up the download folder on the PC! The labels have also increased the left side margin, so the labels no longer fit in our mailing envelopes. The whole thing is completely amateur and rubbish. I'm guessing IT outsourcing at it's best then!

Have fun people.