IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN POPLA deadline missed.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Weasel_Watcher
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    the charge for breaking the rules on the site are probably £100 as a default charge (not the daily charge) , the signage will tell you or your dad what the actual charge is, plus it will say so on the pcn as well

the £100 max charge has been in place for maybe a decade or so, just like trains and buses have these "fines" for bilkers and defaulters that bear no resemblance to the daily payment charge of say £4 or whatever

the extra £75 to £80 are legal charges for the court case, plus any interest on the alleged debt , making about £175 or £180 the total if its not paid and a court decides

so just like a speeding fine or not wearing a seatbelt can be much more at mags court than if the fixed penalty was accepted from the police officer who stops you

allowing it to go to court always costs more money if you lose

I'm sure I've seen muliple ocurrences on this forum where there are illegitmate charges, or multiple admin charges added by these scammers that have no legal basis. Consequently going to court can result in savings even if unsuccesful.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    correct , read the Abuse Of Process thread posted by beamerguy , where 2 judges have struck claims out due to these spurious added charges

the £175 estimate is based on no spurious charges and is typically what Parking Eye put in their claims, hence my figure in the reply earleir
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 June 2019 at 8:49PM
    Options
    tboo wrote: »
    I doubt Aldi will cancel this far along, the op only shopped in the store to buy a packet of paracetamal and they find out that he was in the car park for 6 hours
    Plus it's his dad's claim

You may well be right. Though I've had a landowner cancel a PCN despite admitting that none of the premises served by the car park had been visited.

It's just that a landowner complaint is the only chance of mitigation carrying any weight. Yep, dad would have to send the email. I'm influenced by listening to a radio programme about migraine this week, I hadn't realised quite how awful they could be.

A really passionate complaint .... car was there for this very specific reason, there may well have been no other option but to park there and stay put, doctor's letter attached ... well it could, possibly, lead to a cancellation if a decent human being receives it.

OP, just how ill was the person? I think the severity is relevant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure