NETFLIX OR Amzon Prime

Options

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Indeed. But you accepted that the OP was a question asked, even though that special symbol was also missing there. ;)

So many threads...
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Biggus_Dickus Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 June 2019 at 9:46AM
    Options
    I don’t think Netflix or prime are worth the money. I’d pay the £14 a month TVL and have the luxury of live broadcasts. Most of the stuff on the iPlayer is new programming unlike Netflix where only a small percentage is not repeats. You can have a pvr to record stuff on commercial channels so you won’t have to endure adverts as you will be able to wind them on.
    ...it can be quite cheap,... if you can share the cost.

We have Netflix ‘Premium Ultra HD’ package @ £11.99/month. It allows simultaneous streaming to 4 separate users/devices;...and those devices can be located anywhere in the UK ,...i.e. they aren’t limited to one specific broadband router/location etc. :D

I don’t know anything about Amazon Prime’s video service.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    So many threads...

???

Are you thinking I'm stalking your posts? Happening across some posts of yours is not in any way stalking. You have over 12k posts - I've commented on maybe a dozen, tops, some of which are replying to your comments on my posts. Let's keep some perspective, eh? ;)
  • DoaM
    Options
    ...it can be quite cheap,... if you can share the cost.

Technically that's a breach of the Netflix T&Cs (assuming your sharing across more than one property). Not that Netflix have ever tried to enforce that term as yet. :)
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 June 2019 at 1:20PM
    Options
    ???

Are you thinking I'm stalking your posts? Happening across some posts of yours is not in any way stalking. You have over 12k posts - I've commented on maybe a dozen, tops, some of which are replying to your comments on my posts. Let's keep some perspective, eh? ;)

No, not at all. I meant so many threads that I've read or responded to on MSE this weekend. Losing track or getting confused between them is always a risk.
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Biggus_Dickus Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Technically that's a breach of the Netflix T&Cs (assuming your sharing across more than one property). Not that Netflix have ever tried to enforce that term as yet. :)

That’s certainly seems to be the case :D. Netflix could monitor the usage if they were so inclined but they appear to have an holistic view of the situation (see linked article)..

Myself, my son and my daughter all use one account (‘Premium Ultra HD’ package @ £11.99/month. ) and we live at different locations. It’s actually my daughters account.

Each device creates a Netflix log of the general location of where said device is located along with all the content that has been viewed by each user;... however, given the proliferation of portable devices (i-pad, laptops et al) it’s presumably very difficult to monitor/police.

My daughter travels extensively and watches Netflix from many different locations on her laptop, i-pad or a suitably equipped TV. I watch Netflix solely at home on any one of several TV’s,...my son ditto.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/895639/Netflix-Account-Share-Rules-Number-Of-People
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That’s certainly seems to be the case :D. Netflix could monitor the usage if they were so inclined but they appear to have an holistic view of the situation (see linked article)..

Myself, my son and my daughter all use one account (‘Premium Ultra HD’ package @ £11.99/month. ) and we live at different locations. It’s actually my daughters account.

Each device creates a Netflix log of the general location of where said device is located along with all the content that has been viewed by each user;... however, given the proliferation of portable devices (i-pad, laptops et al) it’s presumably very difficult to monitor/police.

My daughter travels extensively and watches Netflix from many different locations on her laptop, i-pad or a suitably equipped TV. I watch Netflix solely at home on any one of several TV’s,...my son ditto.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/895639/Netflix-Account-Share-Rules-Number-Of-People

I think they announced at E3 that they where taking on the services of a company that tracks and monitors usage of the apps. Was made to sound like theyre about to start clamping down on it a bit. Not surprising really they need to start making some money.

Same with prime and other multi user services.
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Netflix and Prime video are horses for courses.

Ive got both and probably spend more time on Prime video. Id say prime was the value for money option because of savings on shopping (if you call prime deals savings), prime music, next day delivery etc. Netflix has more content, and has a few of the big tv series but it also misses some of them. Prime has fewer series and misses a lot of the big ones but then has things like a few weekends of premier league football this year and the grand tour.

As mentioned above, i think online subscription services are about to start clamping down on multi household abuse.
  • DoaM
    Options
    Both are great Netflix comes with $13 approx which is a standard plan. Check below for pricing:

Basic Plan: $8.99
    Standard: $12.99
    Premium: $15.99

MSE is a UK site/forum. ;)
  • MSavyGreg
    Options
    It all depends how much you watch and if you're able to accept older movies. Netflix leads in fresh(er) movies at reasonable price, while Amazon on free delivery and deals, Grand Tour and still "acceptable" music library. While Amazon price is around £6-7 / month, Netflix start from £5.99. The sad truth is, I couldn't rely on Amazon alone, thus I have both services.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure