We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help, I can't afford my T-Mobile contract 6 months in
Comments
-
With tmob you can downgrade at 11 months even on an 18mth contract.
I would not take up another contract, especially cashback as you still pay full wack until you get 1st cashback usually after 6months.0 -
i was`nt suggesting he does`nt attempt to have his account frozen and orange may well do this, but i`v had some experience with the other networks and as far as i`m aware they don`t offer this facility,
Everything is worth trying in the OP`s situation and good luck in resolving his issue, But going through the finance/credit control departments may well end up the way to deal with this issue i`m afraid,
i sincercerly hope i`m proven wrong and they can have the account frozen.0 -
Going back to when I worked for T_Mobile, account suspension was only offered to customers who were outside their original term of contract. The OP unfortunately won't be eligible.proplusplus wrote: »@ Mrrincewind
the reason i suggest it is that it is indeed a service provided by the networks. whether it be due to temporarily going abroad, or due to financial difficulties.
before requesting it, acct. balance must be £0.
I know for sure Orange offer it. i can only assume other networks do to.
proplusplus====0 -
Hi,
I'm on a 18 month flext + web'n'walk 35 contract which suits my usage perfectly. I use the internet from it a lot and this is the main reason I went with t-mobile.
Problem is, I have fallen on hard times and can't afford my monthly bill. I hear it may be possible to get a cashback deal and they seem a lot cheaper for the same tarrif. At a pinch I could do with dropping down to a 30 or 25 to save me a tenner (I'm paying £42 month now the discounted first few months are gone).
Is there ANYTHING I can do part way through an 18 month contract?
Please advise, tried to talk to t-mobile and found it a nightmare just getting through to anyone. Plus they won't advise me of any 'out of tmobile' options.
Greg.
If you've fallen on hard times then
a) don't take out another expensive contract regardless of cashback
b) modify your usage, the fact that £42 suits your 'usage' then there are evidently lots of calls/texts/web usage that you could cut out if you really are desperate0 -
alnsv1000s wrote: »With tmob you can downgrade at 11 months even on an 18mth contract.
I would not take up another contract, especially cashback as you still pay full wack until you get 1st cashback usually after 6months.
no, sorry, it's 11 months on a 12 month contract, and 17 months on an 18 month contract again now. They used to let you downgrade after six months on flext, but have reverted back to their old ways.
It is better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt0 -
Hi Mate, Sorry to correct you but have a look here: http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/common-questions/
Doesn't matter if its a 12 or 18 month contract.
The 11 month downgrade policy applies to new connections and upgrades.0 -
alnsv1000s wrote: »Hi Mate, Sorry to correct you but have a look here: http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/common-questions/
Doesn't matter if its a 12 or 18 month contract.
The 11 month downgrade policy applies to new connections and upgrades.
i happily stand corrected!!! just rang them to double check as this is not the information i was given by my t-mobile rep a few weeks ago, and it applies to all customers:j thanks for that:T
It is better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
