Am I entitled to any benefits? (Average income earner)

Options

Comments

• GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't worry, you could always go on the bank as a healthcare support worker if it all goes tits up. You'll earn much less then...
  • Mrsn
    Mrsn Posts: 1,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Comms69 I read it that the fraud part had already happened with the withdrawal of cash on the cards and deliberately not paying them back
  • ToxicWomble
    ToxicWomble Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The OP is just looking at a way out of paying her student loan back judging by her posting history by lowering he income below the payment threshold and then expecting someone else to fund her lifestyle
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,822 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Autumn86 wrote: »
    I had the opportunity in 2008 to withdraw around £10,500 onto cash from various credit cards, and so I chose to take that opportunity and then use the statute-barring method to get the debt written off.

I think you are labouring under a misapprehension if you believe that just because your debt was statute barred it has been written off - chances are it hasn't.

Just because the bank no longer has a legally enforceable way of collecting it doesn't mean they've forgotten about it, so good luck getting a mortgage with any of the ones you've done over in the past.
  • Kentish_Dave
    Kentish_Dave Posts: 842 Forumite
    Options
    Come on guys, the op is a troll or a child, there’s no point engaging with them, they are only here to wind people up.
  • Autumn86
    Autumn86 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    You're a nurse. You're suggesting something that runs close to the edge of benefit fraud. If you get found out, your job will likely end and the NMC may be involved.

I'm a nurse? :huh::rotfl:

Not sure when I got that job, but no I'd find that job too dirty & boring, with too low authority. :o
  • Autumn86
    Autumn86 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    I think you are labouring under a misapprehension if you believe that just because your debt was statute barred it has been written off - chances are it hasn't.

Just because the bank no longer has a legally enforceable way of collecting it doesn't mean they've forgotten about it, so good luck getting a mortgage with any of the ones you've done over in the past.

Yes I'm sure that Halifax do still hold my data on their files,
    But there are dozens of other banks & mortgage lenders apart from Halifax, and so I am not concerned in the slightest... :beer:
  • Mr_Costcutter
    Options

Not sure when I got that job, but no I'd find that job too dirty & boring, with too low authority. :o

You obviously don't have a clue about the nursing profession either!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You obviously don't have a clue about the nursing profession either!

They're a troll, just check their other posts and then put them on ignore.
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 June 2019 at 10:39AM
    Options
    I'm a nurse? :huh::rotfl:

Low authority? How much authority are you pretending to have on 30k in London? My partner got that as an intern in London 10 years ago!

Oh and also obvious troll is obvious, considering you were a Band 3 NHS worker on 22k less than a year ago, that would be someone with far less authority than a nurse... https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5891489
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure