We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Keeping on the Straight and Narrow...
Comments
-
That v!nted buyer sounds like a nutter, I’d block her!
Nearly into the £600s 🤩DFD March 2025 (£35000 paid off)
FFEF £20000 saved
Currently treading water while having cancer treatment and trying not to dip into FFEF too much!1 -
What are you like? I agree though! 😂 I sent her a message saying 'please don't buy these from me, you've already done that and returned them' 😂
Yes, so close to the £600s now, it's coming down nicely. Had a little £4 sale on V!nted today too which will go to the debt once cleared.
Nothing to report today other than while carrying a fully loaded airer to a sunnier location in the house I tripped over a toy DS2 had left lying around and landed on said airer, immediately breaking it in 2 🤐
Luckily I wasn't hurt but, after laughing at DH breaking things earlier in my diary I think it's only fair to let you all have a laugh at my expense, DH certainly did once he knew I wasn't hurt 😂
Today's PAD £2
Debt Total £3407, (BCard £707)
Debt Busting Again in 2026
Starting Debt 03.05.26 £5345. Total 01.10.26 £2994
Challenge 1 - Clear M&S Card: Starting Balance 03.05.26 £600, cleared 05.07.26
Challenge 2 - Clear V12 Finance: Starting Balance 05.07.26 £600, cleared 12.08.26
Challenge 3 - Clear Barclaycard: Starting Balance 12.08.26 £940, current total 01.10.26 £344
2 -
Jeez. Poor you and the poor airer. Some people on Vinted are very different! I really need you to be in the 6’s!!
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]1 -
Well what a complete and utter pig of a day it was at work today, honestly felt like there was an invisible sign above my head saying 'please complain here' it was absolutely non-stop. Frustrating but managed to either resolve the complaints or leave a clear handover for my colleagues to deal with over the next couple of days as thank goodness, I'm having a couple of days off.
Managed to drop the V parcel off and as DH and the boys were feeling tired after a busy day we've had a chilled evening cooking tea, having a quick tidy up and then playing snakes and ladders before the boys went to bed so feeling more chilled now.
To cheer myself up, I sent £5 from my personal spends to the CC so, with today's PAD the total is now £700, makes me happy knowing that when I wake up in the morning the BCard total will start with a 6 😀
Today's PAD £7
Debt Total £3400 (BCard £700)
Debt Busting Again in 2026
Starting Debt 03.05.26 £5345. Total 01.10.26 £2994
Challenge 1 - Clear M&S Card: Starting Balance 03.05.26 £600, cleared 05.07.26
Challenge 2 - Clear V12 Finance: Starting Balance 05.07.26 £600, cleared 12.08.26
Challenge 3 - Clear Barclaycard: Starting Balance 12.08.26 £940, current total 01.10.26 £344
3 -
Sorry to hear it’s been a proper Monday. I hate it when days hit hard. Nice to hear that you’ve been able to resolve to a a reasonable level though and that you have a break for a couple of days. Enjoy them!
Congratulations on dropping down to a ‘6’ 😊
PBs £3050 (including £1k EF & £1k Christmas fund)
21/26 books for 2026Take the time to find the joy in each day
1 -
Woohoo on the £600’s tomorrow.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]1 -
Hello £600's!
Scraped in with today's PAD.
Not a lot else happening today, had a pottering day getting some niggly tasks done around the house in between the school runs - meter readings, changing light bulbs, cleaning extractor fans, sewing badges I've left off the kids Scouts jumpers over summer.
DS2 took an age to get to sleep last night and then was awake through night. As a result he's feeling tired and emotional. He's moving up to Cubs this evening, I'm hoping he manages to enjoy himself as he could really do with an early night. DS1 isn't moving up to Scouts until the new year, it'll be odd having them both in the same section for a few weeks.
Been invited to attend an open evening later this month for the secondary school we'd like DS1 to go to next year, all feeling a bit real now and I'm not sure I'm ready 😢
I did manage to secure another half term treat by getting an early bird discount code to go to a theme park we've been to before. Bit of a gamble as the weather might be dreadful but as long as we pack out waterproofs we'll survive and, at £60, not a bad price for the 4 of us. May take our niece too, just waiting on hearing back from B-i-L & S-i-L.
Today should have been a 4 day grocery shop day but we have enough bits in to see us through until tomorrow when I take Mum for her weekly shop so seemed pointless getting anything today. I'll make a list when the boys are at Cubs this evening and then make sure I stick to it tomorrow. That will move the next shop day to Sunday where I'll get a delivery as we need some bulkier items so our lovely delivery driver can carry those rather than me 😄
Today's PAD £2
Debt Total £3398 (BCard £698)
Debt Busting Again in 2026
Starting Debt 03.05.26 £5345. Total 01.10.26 £2994
Challenge 1 - Clear M&S Card: Starting Balance 03.05.26 £600, cleared 05.07.26
Challenge 2 - Clear V12 Finance: Starting Balance 05.07.26 £600, cleared 12.08.26
Challenge 3 - Clear Barclaycard: Starting Balance 12.08.26 £940, current total 01.10.26 £344
3 -
Well done.
Such a big thing when they go to high school. Then wait til they go to university 😢I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]1 -
Sorry to hear it was a rough night with DS2. I hope he has a better night tonight. I think I’m in for another awful bedtime (well I am, as it’s still going on) with youngest. Last night was nerves/excitement, tonight is just nerves and upset 😢.
PBs £3050 (including £1k EF & £1k Christmas fund)
21/26 books for 2026Take the time to find the joy in each day
1 -
Well Done on getting down to the 6's, also hope bedtime is a smoother event tonight. It is such a tough time for them when things change
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

