PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

can you put clingfilm in the oven?

Options
Hi,

probably reallllyyy stupid question, but I am going to make flapjack today and I sont want it to stick to the dish so I thought i could line the dish with clingfilm first so it will come out easily...

Does anyone know if this is ok as it needs to bake for 15 mins?

Thanks..

Comments

• aaroncaz
    aaroncaz Posts: 5,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Line it with foil, not cling film, that will melt!
  • pandas66
    pandas66 Posts: 18,811 Forumite
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I am no no no expert but don't do it!

Line your tin with a little butter and sprinkle it with flour to help ease it out after, or help will be along shortly but don't put PLASTIC in the oven.
    Panda xx

:Tg :jo:Dn ;)e:Dn;)o:jw :T :eek:

missing kipper No 2.....:cool:
  • Feanor
    Feanor Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    lol thansk guys...

Foil is a great idea, thankyou!

I dont know what I was thinking. I knew the answer but you kno when you cant remember if you've seen it on some random cooking program..

Thanks!!
  • sexki11en
    sexki11en Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Options
    No, clingfilm will melt as has already been said. Probabally stink the place out with fumes too.

Greaseproof paper is probabally the best option if you have any.
    After 4 years of heartache, 3 rounds of IVF and 1 loss :A - we are finally expecting our miracle Ki11en - May 2014 :j

And a VERY surprise miracle in March 2017!
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    IME, greaseproof and foil stick to the flapjack, and leave little bits in your teeth.

Try investing in some Magic Liner from Lakeland. I have several pieces cut to size for my most used tins and trays. It is washable and lasts for years. Flapjack just slides off it.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • thriftlady_2
    Options

Try investing in some Magic Liner from Lakeland. I have several pieces cut to size for my most used tins and trays. It is washable and lasts for years. Flapjack just slides off it.

Penny. x
    Me too (of course:D ) my cut-to-size reusable liners are invaluable. You can also buy them ready cut to fit round cake tins ;)
  • whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Options
    So, with the magic liner stuff, have you just cut it to fit the bottom, or have you done the snippy bit in the corners with scissors to make the sides fold to fit?

I often seem to have more of an issue with things sticking to the sides.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • thriftlady_2
    Options
    whatatwit wrote: »
    So, with the magic liner stuff, have you just cut it to fit the bottom, or have you done the snippy bit in the corners with scissors to make the sides fold to fit?

I just cut pieces to fit the bottom of the tin, then I smear a bit of butter round the sides.
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    whatatwit wrote: »

I've cut circles for the bases of my cake tins. I've then cut rectangles with triangles cut from the corners to line the base and sides of rectangular tins.

I bought one roll to try, as I thought it would be a gimmick, and wouldn't really work. I can say now, that Magic Liner would be on my Top 5 Lakeland products ;):D

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • kronos
    kronos Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Q:can you put clingfilm in the oven?
    A: Only if you don't turn it on, or it will melt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories