PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 13th May 2019

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all, quick visit from me, two loads of washing on line, DW unloaded, leaving for work soon x
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all

Another early start but another lovely day, first load of washing out on line, second load of towels in swishing. Didn’t manage to complete planned flying after work yesterday due to finishing late, will try to catch up today.

Aiming to start first bathroom tasks before starting paid stuff today, breakfast eaten and s/s of kitchen done, now to shower and dress and get on.

Have a good day all.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you for your messages. x

Millions of phone calls made
    dancegran supported with visits with forms to complete.
    Case may go to coroner
    Lots more calls to make and appointments to arrange

Basics are wip and hob cleaned
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning
    HHI done, bedding stripped and wm loaded for later, plant Hokey Cokey done from greenhouse to outside.
    LR got its clean yesterday afternoon including the windows, so pleased about that.
    Extra work day today, hopefully via f&v market if i can get a parking space.
    (Hugs) dancemum x
    Have a good day everyone.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Up at stupid o'clock, to act as driver for someone who had an operation, all done, now home again, so having half an hour out, then going to set to and clean downstairs.

Sun is out
    Ironing done yesterday
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's too hot to clean. Dailies are done, dogs had a quick walk and I'm enjoying the garden before my next shift.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well, I just got in last night and sat down and did not get up again until I heard OH arrive home 2 hours early from work so we just chilled instead.

This means I have to play catch up with two small people in the house for a few days, but tonight I plan to:
    - strip the bed and put the bedding in WM ready for tomorrow (tomorrow should be the last good day for drying outside here)
    - wipe down the bathroom and clean the shower screen
    - empty bins
    - clean out food waste bin
    - descale kettle and shower head
    - clean bathroom mirror

That should keep me above water until Friday, I may end up not having my induction at work until Sunday or next weekend, but I want to give myself the breathing space in case it does end up being Saturday :o
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Finally finished paid stuff! Far too tired for flying now, will have to play catch up tomorrow. I think a glass of wine is calling me!

Have a good evening all
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Exhausted and feeling generally bleugh. This was always going to be a tough week at work, and have got other things going on, just so tired and stressed.

House is reasonably OK, so glad I have been putting tea in slow cooker, makes life a lot easier. Going to order a food shop to be delivered tomorrow, sort some clean washing, then an early night I think.
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options
    Level 1

Remove shower curtains and towels - wash that shower curtain - get it on the line!
    [STRIKE]Wipe down shower screens and cubicles[/STRIKE]
    Scrub bath
    Give shower heads a bath in lemon juice
    [STRIKE]Polish all brightwork (chrome bits - taps & hoses)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean shower tray
    Slosh a good glug of bleach down drains/overflows[/STRIKE]

Level 2

[STRIKE]Flush loo and spray bowl with cream cleaner and SCRUB - under the rim, below the waterline and all over the bowl.
    Flush loo again
    Wipe seat, lid and outside of loo - including where you can't see...
    Slop some bleach all over the inside of the loo
    With a clean cloth wipe switches, pull cord, door handles and loo roll holder[/STRIKE]
    Wash loo brush and holder and dry them outside in the sun - death to all germies!

Level 3

[STRIKE]Scrub the sink = don't forget the underneath the plug!
    Bleach the drain[/STRIKE]
    Wipe the pedestal/cupboard over
    [STRIKE]Polish and mirrors, glass and your heated towel rail[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean the floor - vacuum or mop[/STRIKE]
    Put out fresh towels

not bad at all, helps a lot when you're on top, thank you.
    i didn't take my shower curtain down, but i did soak the bottom six inches in a bleachy water mop bucket, then rinsed. it's done the trick.

i did the boxing in too. sadly its upvc. it seems to have a electrostatic capacity to attract dust!

I've a friend who's gone to hospital unexpectedly, so I also nipped round to hers to make sure there wasn't anything that would get nasty while she was away. threw bananas and some borderline grapes and milk. emptied bins, washed up, changed her bed. watered her pots, and did an s&s of kitchen and bathroom. It'll be nice for her to come back to now. Isn't it horrid when you've been away and left things a tip. I hate that feeling.
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family