edited 16 May 2019 at 9:22PM in Old Style MoneySaving
106 replies 7K views

Replies

• JazeeJazee Forumite
    7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well doneSSDD on the job.

DH got here about 8 so I've had bath and done my eyebrows. Have also skimmed through handbook, walked the dogs and done the dailies.

About to wash dishes and then probably have an early lunch.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread 2020 #104 July £5.03 Total £1629.15/£3600
  • pigpenpigpen Forumite
    37.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done nothing productive..

I am SO lazy!!

I MUST move my lazy behind!!

So, grabbing a list and heading to clear this pit of a kitchen a bit.. I need the worksurfaces clear .. they are driving me loopy!

OH being sent to play in the garden when he gets in.. and I may boss him to do a tip run as well!

Washing my hair first I think.. before the dude gets here tomorrow (Assuming he bothers turning up.. I don't think he will if I am honest!)
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2020 £47457.61 (2.41% int.)
  • LameWolfLameWolf Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone remember me? I don't think I've been on for a few weeks.

Life continues to be hectic, I'm covering a lot of tasks that Mr Wolf used to do, also having to think for him a lot more. Hoping a spot of "Brain Training" if I charge up the Nintendo DS so that he can do it, will aid that.

Also having a few issues with my eyes, so limiting screen time as much as I can. Overdue for eye test but I KNOW I need new specs, and can't afford them right now (with my prescription, we're talking north of £400) so will wait til I have some money.

Some good news - after a very long time searching (several years) I finally sourced some front-fastening bras in my size, that I liked, available in colours (I loathe white underwear) and at a price I could manage. They were in the sale at F!gleaves and I got 6 for £100. So after a decade of relying on Mr Wolf, I can now put on my own bra!! :j

Gotta go, he's just finished mowing back lawn and I need to check to ensure he empties the last mower-load of clippings into the garden waste wheelie.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • nicki_2nicki_2 Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    [STRIKE]Morning[/STRIKE] Afternoon all. Thanks for the thread Valli.

Not following the list today as I'm working (playing catch up after being ill for most of April :(), but dailies are done, second wash load is in the machine, first is pegged out, one trip out to see customers done, and then the last couple of customers are only in my road so I decided to brave taking Zack with me for the short walk. He was good for a change :D:j Minimal pulling, sat nicely while I chatted to a customer (he even let her stroke him which is miraculous!!), and didn't go for any of the men walking past :j:j I'll try to walk him again on Wednesday, just need to figure out how to go further without going along the main roads or going past a couple of houses who have VERY grumpy dogs who go nuts as they stress Zack and it's not nice cleaning up the resulting mess _pale_ :think:

Plan for the rest of the day is to just work. I have loads of paperwork I need to get sorted. I need to do some filing as well as I seem to have lost an important letter belonging to DS :o:mad::o I don't even remember it arriving but with two of us having multiple medical letters for different "departments" (plus every letter having the same leaflets etc in them :mad:), plus normal yearly benefit letters, plus university stuff, plus school stuff, plus fraudulent use of my address by someone so I've got paperwork from DVLA/Action Fraud/various people who have billed that person at this address (I don't know him, and I've been here for 15 years!!) plus copies of paperwork to courts etc which I have sent and re-sent and sent again in some cases until I had bailiffs at the door:mad: , I've been drowning in paper the past 18 months. Now I have a backlog of paperwork going back about 3 years (Previous financial years that I no longer need from over 8 years ago and in theory should have long gone) that I need to scan and then shred so I might get on with some of that later so I can make room for the newer stuff.

Anyways, enough sitting her procrastinating. I need to get some lunch, go back out to work again and then think about something for tea. I have meal planned but just realised what I planned for tonight we had last night so I'll have to think of something else now :rotfl:

Catch you all later :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • edited 13 May 2019 at 1:10PM
    BadCat18BadCat18 Forumite
    643 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 13 May 2019 at 1:10PM
    Well a good start for me for day 1, managed all of level 1 before starting paid stuff and also took the hob apart and left bits soaking in cleaner while doing a mornings work, cleaned off and put back together at lunch time.

Also pegged out wash that was done overnight to make use of the lovely weather we have today. Hoping to do a bit more after work before going out for a couple of hours this evening.

Hope you are all having a good day.
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    11.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the lists

Been volunteering
    Feel like I am being run ragged by someone.........................
    Hoovering done
    WM done several times
    Out on line drying
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• asparklyblondeasparklyblonde Forumite
    462 posts
    100 Posts Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    Hi ladies

Long day at work done. Collected kiddies, bought them an ice cream and came home. Washing in and put away, DW unloaded, dinner cooking and online food shop done.

Thinking of all Year 11s at the moment, I had two wonderful students have total meltdowns today and have to leave the room. I have to keep my views on the pressure these young people are under firmly to myself, roll on the new Ofsted framework...

Anyway both went back in, completed the paper and were fairly confident when they came they came out. Mrs ASB ordered them to go home and chill.

I may have a small vino tonight x
  • pigpenpigpen Forumite
    37.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking of all Year 11s at the moment, I had two wonderful students have total meltdowns today and have to leave the room.

I told all of mine.. I don't care if they pass or fail so long as they try their best.. they can resit them and in 5 years or once they've done their Alevels nobody cares what grades they got at GCSE anyway! It's all just crap to make the schools look good, it's not about the children at all.. I have had brilliant, exceeded expectation results from all of mine.. I cover everything from SEN to G&T.. and so long as they do their best I don't care what the school thinks.. Moomin is doing her at the moment and she is still alive and well to do them and that is more than I could have dreamed of in November.. I don't care if she fails everything.. she is alive and can resit!

LW... lovely to see you, glad you are surviving.. and Praise Be on the bras!!! I'm desperate for new bras but cannot face going shopping and have no idea what size I need.!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2020 £47457.61 (2.41% int.)
  • FayolleFayolle Forumite
    1.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all

I don’t think that I’ve managed anything from the list. Oh maybe yes - used up yesterday’s roast chicken and an aubergine from the fridge for dinner, so I think that might count. Go me.

Bathrooms had a s&s before I went to work. This evening’s grand plan to catch up was overtaken by planting up some tomato plants. I’m now going to plan some meals for the week and write myself a long list for tomorrow.
    LW - lovely to see you back. Thanks be for front fastening bras :T
  • wishingthemortgaheawaywishingthemortgaheaway Forumite
    2.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Front fastening bras are a thing????
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318