Forum Home » Old Style MoneySaving

Weekly Flylady Thread 13th May 2019 - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Weekly Flylady Thread 13th May 2019

edited 16 May 2019 at 9:22PM in Old Style MoneySaving
106 replies 7K views

Replies

• SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :hello:

Got everything I needed to do, done after work last night. I put on a wash as soon as I got up this morning and OH has/should have transferred it onto the airer and put outside before he left for work this morning. I plan to strip our bed and do the same again tomorrow to make the most of the sunshine! Our heating is also off now until the temperature drops again as our house was a sauna last night and we shaved about £7/£8 off of our estimated bill last time we managed to turn it off for a few days

Should get all levels done after work today and iron whatever needs doing from the airer :)
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • edited 14 May 2019 at 11:02AM
    shirlgirl2004shirlgirl2004 Forumite
    3K posts
    edited 14 May 2019 at 11:02AM
    Honey Bear I hope you've managed to rehome your guest.

Running in a day late. Still not started but dashing off now and will start in the master bedroom as that is usually my Monday chore. Then I'll whip around the family room with doors open etc and watch (listen) to Homes Under The Hammer whilst I'm working. :)

Master tidied and robot vacuum cleaned
    Bathrooms S&S and floors vacuumed
    Kitchen and utility robot vacuum cleaning now will mop after
    Duster at the ready for family room as HUTH has just finished.
    2 x WM
    1 x DW
    Gorgeous day, this sun is really motivating. :)
  • nicki_2nicki_2 Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Yesterday consisted of work work and more work. Didn't get much done otherwise but the place isn't in too bad a shape anyway ;)

Today so far I've done all my dailies and a second wash load is in, the first is all hung out on the line. Now I'm going to go slightly off list and tackle my office space which I wanted to do yesterday. I am so peed off with all the paperwork that I'm bumping my paid work until either later this afternoon if I get the rest done, or tomorrow. I'm planning me time for Thursday and Friday before DS starts study leave :eek:

So my list today looks something like this: gather all paperwork into a big bin bag and put out for the bin men :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I wish! I actually have a list in my bujo of all the desk jobs so I'll find that and work my way through the list. I don't think I can cope with my audiobook today as well so I think some motivating music is called for (aka I'm going to go pinch DSs stereo as mine isn't happy and put my music on LOUD :D) while I wait for DSs parcel to turn up. :dance: The dog can snooze today as walking him yesterday broke me by 5pm :(
    Off to grab the stereo and maybe a couple of DSs CDs as well :rotfl: :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • BadCat18BadCat18 Forumite
    605 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Me again!

Having a break between meetings and an early lunch. So pleasant sitting in the conservatory with the doors open....

Washing out on line and second load in, LR tidied, windows open, bins emptied. Will go slightly off list later as want to vac top floor of house and tidy office after paid stuff done.

Out later this evening as well for a couple of hours so need to get a move on!

Thank you for all of your warm welcomes, I am feeling very motivated to continue with this so that I can gain some precious weekend time back...
  • JazeeJazee Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone.

HB, hope you sort the cat and dog situations soon.

I thought I had a full days paid stuff today but it was only the morning so I'm now sitting in the garden.

Before work I did the dailies, walked the dogs and got a wash load on the line.

Am I missing something with the front fastening bras? I always fasten mine at the front then twist it round.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread 2020 #104 May £600 Total £1097.27/£3600
  • FayolleFayolle Forumite
    1.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Jazee wrote: »
    Am I missing something with the front fastening bras? I always fasten mine at the front then twist it round.
    Isn’t it funny how you always think that you are the only person in the world who does something then you find out that you are not alone :rotfl:

HB - a big squishy hug. I hope things sort themselves out soon. X

Painting target reached. Wm x2 run so towels and sheets are on the line. I’m regrouping by sitting outside on my bench in the newly rescued corner of the garden. Oh and we have baby blue t!ts squeaking in the bird box.
  • Honey_BearHoney_Bear Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    American guests arrived early while I was still vacuuming the dining room, but very fortunately I'd done everything else, ready for them.

Stray cat is still squashed under the pallets in the coalhole and one of the local rescues may be able to lend me a cat trap tomorrow, but other than that - I'm on my own. The cat has obviously been living there for several days, and it's probably the one responsible for the puddles in the house, not Layla after all. (*relief* because the stray's going, and Layla now isn't worrying me as much. That's the only good thing that's come out of this. The other local rescue said they didn't have space and didn't send people out to trap cats anyway, the RSPCA has a curious phone system whereby you choose all of the options and they basically hang up on you after you've paid for the call, the local vets don't have a record of any black cats missing and say I need an RSPCA Log Number to bring the cat in, or I'll have to pay for its check. Guess which charity I'll be supporting in future.

Still don't know if this evening's meeting here is going ahead, what time it is and who's coming. But the house looks better than it has for weeks and all I need to do is have a shower.
    Keeping it AF
  • ValliValli Forumite
    22.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Ooooh, Paul O'Grady, Valli - you personally or MSE or Flyladies? I like P O'G. And when?

Mine was the Thank You of the week ... I was the thanker.
    about 90 minutes in...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • edited 14 May 2019 at 8:54PM
    ValliValli Forumite
    22.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 May 2019 at 8:54PM
    Glad to see LW back in the fold.

Other than that I'm time-poor. Colleague off all week so I'm covering...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • tighteningthebelttighteningthebelt Forumite
    405 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    flitted round the living room today, but it was pretty ok. so... i deep cleaned the hoover, so enjoyable!
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks