Self employment records

Hi, I ceased being self employed in February 2010. Can anyone advise me how long I need to keep physical receipts/invoices etc. please? Just having a good sort-out!!
Also, can I claim insurance excess from a rented property claim (£250) on my annual tax return? Many thanks in advance.


  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,637
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    You would be better posting in the CuttingTax section
  • System
    System Posts: 178,073
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Yes - it's an expense and can be claimed I would have thought.
  • billie25
    billie25 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Thanks Sheramber - I thought that might be the case after I pressed 'go'!! Will repost.
    And thanks andydownes123 for your response. I would have thought so too - just wanted to check.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards