Forum Home» Phones & TV» Broadband & Internet Access

100,000s of EE broadband customers to be hit with price hikes from next month - MSE News

New Post Advanced Search

100,000s of EE broadband customers to be hit with price hikes from next month - MSE News

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
36 replies 4.5K views
MSE_CallumMSE_Callum Forumite
667 posts
Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
EE is to hike its broadband prices by £24/year on average from next month - but if you're affected you can cancel your contract penalty-free...
Read the full story:
'100,000s of EE broadband customers to be hit with price hikes from next month'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail

Replies

• AndyPKAndyPK Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    £2/ month increase is it. They used to be a nice company.

Was it 2 years ago they increased prices?
  • Pluto88888Pluto88888 Forumite
    51 posts
    Con artist the lot of them.
    I lost respect for any mobile and broadband company in this country now.
    I just abuse the network nonstop using hundred's of GB data reach month costing them more on the long term.
  • Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pluto88888 wrote: »
    I just abuse the network nonstop using hundred's of GB data reach month costing them more on the long term.

which puts the cost back onto the customer in the form of higher bills because of the selfishness of people like you.

I suggest if you consider the mobile and broadband companies as "con artists" then please stop using them directly and use the internet at your local library, which you are already technically paying towards.
  • edited 4 May 2019 at 9:11PM
    Pluto88888Pluto88888 Forumite
    51 posts
    edited 4 May 2019 at 9:11PM
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    which puts the cost back onto the customer in the form of higher bills because of the selfishness of people like you.

I suggest if you consider the mobile and broadband companies as "con artists" then please stop using them directly and use the internet at your local library, which you are already technically paying towards.
    Low usage or heavy usage your bills goes up each year.
    Yeah right my usage always been 4gb each now using around 800+ GB replaced my home broadband for 3 UK they make enough money.

Usage 3 sim £10 a month March 2019 (934GB)April 2019 (768GB)
  • Ian011Ian011 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    From an EE landline, you can call its customer service team on 0800 079 8586. On a non-EE phone, you can call it on 0207 362 0200.
    Why would people on non-EE phones not want, or not be able, to call the free-to-caller 0800 number? Calls to 0800 (and 0808) numbers are free-to-caller from all landlines and all mobiles.

P.S. London has had the single 020 area code for almost two decades.
  • Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 0800 number only works on EE lines, same equivalent of calling 150 from your mobile apparently.

There's a whole bunch of other 0800 numbers on saynoto0870.com rather than hang on a potentially chargeable 020 7 number.
  • Tofu_eaterTofu_eater Forumite
    86 posts
    Pluto 8888.Are you on the unlimited data plan from 3mobile then?Have you found it OK ?(I'm thinking of joining it)
    Does the 'data' 'slow down' or anything once you have got above a certain usage?
    (I'm actually not planning on ripping the !!!! out of it with downloading and streaming etc but worried about my data getting used up for doing important things)
    I agree - after having a bad experience recently with my provider where they won't deliver a good service but are insisting I am tied into a contract ,and,recently,reading through other stories about other providers,I am very disillusioned and thinking I don't trust any of them.
    There should be some regulation of the industry surely?
    Reading the stories about people who have agreed to a contract and then the provider puts prices up.Surely that can't be right??The price should stay the same for the contract ,it shouldn't only work one way round and then not the other.
  • AndyPKAndyPK Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is going up £3 month :(
  • edited 7 May 2019 at 2:02PM
    ripped_off_and_fed_upripped_off_and_fed_up Forumite
    24 posts
    edited 7 May 2019 at 2:02PM
    I have an email from October when I joined EE stating that my contract would cost £20 for 18 months. A few months in and they are raising the price by 5%. Appalling!
    Got a better deal with Plusnet and no price rise during contract time. Guaranteed! Took screen shots just in case...
  • jonmcclellandjonmcclelland Forumite
    109 posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I wasn't happy with this news either - they put my bill up by £2.50pm

However, I called them and they have now reduced my broadband bill by £12pm which is a huge saving. I dont know why they can't just do that to begin with, and save everyone a huge fuss.

If you are unsure, I would say call them and see what they can do.