Static caravan mis sold?

Options

Comments

• stoddy2k01
    Options
    May I ask a question.
    We purchased our static caravan in 2016 the site fees increased by £50 the. The following ur by £300 then again this yr by £300. My question is. Before we purchased the static caravan I asked umpteen questions. One which was about site fee increases. I have the email responses to my questions. Regarding the site fee the reply was. Site fees go up annually ( But not for current owners ) as this yr the increase has yet again gone up. It brought me back to the email of my questions. “ Would we be able to contest this based on the response from the sales rep who sold us the caravan. Obviously if we go into the office kicking off. I’m sure we would be told if we don’t like it then get off site. We just wondered what or if their is anything we can do. Would anybody know. We paid £60,000 for this and was a long term investment based on the site fees we were originally quoted. Thank you.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The contract you signed will trump all - what does it say about fee increases?
  • stoddy2k01
    stoddy2k01 Posts: 48 Forumite
    edited 14 August 2019 at 5:07PM
    Options
    1st price increase was for improvements to the park. The 2nd was for refuse and water etc. The 3rd is for national minimum wage increase. We only signed the annual terms and conditions of the site. If you say the contract would trump all. Would that not be classed of mis,selling. Thanks for your input. Just to add. All we got is a letter 3 months prior to the site fee due date ; that there will be an increase. May I ask what Contract would you be referring to.
  • BoGoF
    Options
    Surely you signed a contract before handing over any money. Your duty to read it and understand it.
  • stoddy2k01
    Options
    I’ll take a butchers when I go but although you say the contract trumps all. Should that be the case. I just wondered if I have emails stating site fees would not rise for current owners. Would I have a case of being missold something. I basing this on us making our purchase on the answers given by the sales representative.
  • BoGoF
    Options
    How would it be missold if the contract states fees would increase every year? If it does say that then you still had the chance to withdraw before buying but by signing the contract you agree to it.
  • stoddy2k01
    Options
    I’ll check my contract or agreement I have and see what it says. I’ll let you know.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »
    The contract you signed will trump all - what does it say about fee increases?

Except legal rights. No contract can remove any rights you have by law.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • stoddy2k01
    Options
    What do you mean except legal rights. Do you mean if I am told
    One thing by one person then the contract cannot change what we have been told. Or have I misunderstood.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Even accounting for employer NI, very generous pension contributions etc...I don't think its down to the minimum wage increase. Not unless they have a lot of staff working 24 hours a day and/or theres very few caravans there.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback