Tax rebate 2019

Options

Comments

• kakyluc
    kakyluc Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Have you called them again? I don't know if I should call and ask again for an answer.
  • sutton311
    sutton311 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I will be trying tomorrow taking the !!!! now to be fair
  • sutton311
    First Anniversary
    Options
    complete joke now have to wait again they can not see anything wrong and yet again sent a urgent referral again.
    apparently it is in last stage now of security checks but will not give a date, apart from saying I should hear something in a couple of weeks they hope.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The people answering the phone are not working the cases so have no information as to when it will actually be done. The estimate they give will be a general estimate they have been told to give.
  • sutton311
    First Anniversary
    Options
    but would it be better for the not to give a date to be fair instead of talking !!!! and just tell you the truth.
    different if it was the other way round and I said I will hold a payment to them as I want to make sure they are who they are
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    sutton311 wrote: »
    but would it be better for the not to give a date to be fair instead of talking !!!! and just tell you the truth.
    different if it was the other way round and I said I will hold a payment to them as I want to make sure they are who they are

They are telling you the truth as they have been told. Giving someone a date means they hang up. Saying you don't know extends the call with 'you must know, who does know, why don't you know?'

If you don't like their answers then don't keep phoning.
  • kakyluc
    Options
    I called again today and they just say i will recieved a letter home.that my tax code har change and i don't have to play anything and i don't have to recieve anything. I don't understand anything.
  • sutton311
    First Anniversary
    Options
    anyone had there security check back yet
  • kakyluc
    Options
    Not yet. Hope tomorrow we will see an update
  • Chris.f
    Chris.f Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 23 July 2019 at 5:27AM
    Options
    After security checks my calculation is back on my account today. Still shown “Bank repayment pending”.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback