We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Speeding Fine Traffic Offence

Options
13»

Comments

• thescouselander
    Options
    !!!!!!s like this should be banned from posting their perjury attempts

You were speeding, take the punishment you deserve

Although if you do fight it I hope you get hammered

Er no, I think the point is that its worth checking the alligations against you are infact true. If the camera isn't working properly than maybe you weren't speeding.
  • northstar23
    Options
    Have to say that I love this kind of thread.... people just come out full of rage over attemps to avoid punishment and its always a good read.

Seriously though if you're guilty then you really have to take the punishment and don't waste time trying to get out of it.

However if there is a chance you might be innocent then make them prove your guilt... isn't that the way our justice system works for anything other than traffic offences?
  • goldspanners
    Options
    Enfieldian wrote: »

How about some decent, pertinent advice? Oh, I see a sign asking for £20 for a telephone call......

haha, £20 plus VAT ! how cheeky!
    theres good guys on here and the parking tickets board like neil b and bargepole that would help more than this spammer. and for free. moneysaving and all that.:T
    ...work permit granted!
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    haha, £20 plus VAT ! how cheeky!
    theres good guys on here and the parking tickets board like neil b and bargepole that would help more than this spammer. and for free. moneysaving and all that.:T

Could not agree more.

Don't know why my posts have been deleted though..... :confused:
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Options
    Enfieldian wrote: »
    Could not agree more.

Don't know why my posts have been deleted though..... :confused:

mine will disappear soon to then seen as ive quoted you.
    its happening a lot these days. :confused:
    ...work permit granted!
  • cooldriver
    Options
    mine will disappear soon to then seen as ive quoted you.
    its happening a lot these days. :confused:
    mine have already been deleted...the moderator needs to cool down abit..this comment is also gona disapprear im sure lol
  • mallymal
    mallymal Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My OH got popped by a speed camera under very similar circumstances - she too was doing 37 in a 30 zone.

She was offered the chance of some kind of driving awareness course, for which she had to pay a fee much the same as the fine. But the beauty was she didn't get points on her licence.

Don't know if all police forces offer this, but worth a look.
  • jago25_98
    Options
    I just got done for 63 in a 50. Used to be 60 but it has been lowered to 50 since I last went that way.

In a hire car for work hired under someone elses name from work. I drive a high top diesel van to keep my speed down and I keep at 60-65 to save fuel. So when I get in these hire cars I find it hard to keep at a steady speed, especially with tailgaters.
    Having said that this is a kick up the !!!! I probably need.

The form has came through to me now. I've filled out the form saying I was driving and waiting for a reply. I'm hoping the points will start from when it happened 6 months ago, sooner rather than later.

I probably won't get the chance for the speed course as I'd have to miss work.

Offtopic though, speed limits and health and safety worries me. Slowing everything down brings things closer to stationary and away from driving in the first place. I never used to like cars, but thier use has saved and created more lives than the many they have claimed. I hope we had get rid of cars some time soon. Transport is completely in the dark ages, it doesn't even match modern technology.

In addition, health and safety. Increasingly I'm coming into contact with other people telling me what to do in terms of safety. That fine for the protection of others but sometimes I feel this puts me in danger. Some drivers I have met prefer to not wear seatbelts; they wish to die rather than be injured. Others, perhaps wrongly, reckon that they will more easily be able to escape in a car, or thrown from the car rather than being trapped. I definately prefer to wear a seatbelt but at work I am forced to wear a safety harness, but this safety harness would drag me underwater with movement of the boat, rather than saving me -but the point is it seemes I don't have the power to choose my own safety.
    Order of events: Banks lose our money -> get bailed out -> were inflating GBP to cover it -> now taxing us -> next will grab your funds direct -> things get really desperate to balance the books. What should have happened?: banks go bust and we lost our money much quicker
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport