Speeding Fine Traffic Offence

Options
I've Been Issued With A Notice Of Intended Persecution From Police
Reason Excess Speed Max Was 30mph And I Was Driving At 37mph. Any One Knows A Way To Avoid The Fine And Penalty Points.

I Was Driving A Rental Car

Comments

• Badger_Lady
    Options
    david3331 wrote: »
    Notice Of Intended Persecution
    :rotfl:

No, sorry - you did the crime, etc...
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • davetrousers
    Options
    Lie, lie and then lie even more. That way when you get found out you will get the far more severe punishment you deserve.

• mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What are the facts of the case? Can you recall whether you driving at 37mph or is that just what the NIP says? What were the road conditions like? What was the environment & time of the offence (e.g. near a school at 3pm?)

There are many ways to avoid a fine & points, the most obvious being not to speed in the first place, but there are also procedural ways to defend the prosecution as well as ways of countering the actual allegation. In my own case I was able to demonstrate the Gatso wasn't working properly so the NIP wasn't valid.

If its your first offence & you admit it, you might be just subject to a road awareness course rather than points.
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • JulianF_2
    Options
    There is a forum called Pepidoo (gawd-awful name!!) that supposedly hands out advice for motoring issues. It may be worthwhile having a trawl through it for some info..?

I've found it a good read, even though I've never committed any motoring offences (ahem, ahem, cough, cough!!)

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?
  • mpython wrote: »
    What are the facts of the case? Can you recall whether you driving at 37mph or is that just what the NIP says? What were the road conditions like? What was the environment & time of the offence (e.g. near a school at 3pm?)

There are many ways to avoid a fine & points, the most obvious being not to speed in the first place, but there are also procedural ways to defend the prosecution as well as ways of countering the actual allegation. In my own case I was able to demonstrate the Gatso wasn't working properly so the NIP wasn't valid.

If its your first offence & you admit it, you might be just subject to a road awareness course rather than points.

!!!!!!s like this should be banned from posting their perjury attempts

You were speeding, take the punishment you deserve

Although if you do fight it I hope you get hammered
  • david3331
    Options
    yes it's my first offence. Photo evidences from a Bus line at 19.45 p.m
    May better accepted then anyway and hope just to pay this £60.
  • mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AFAIK bus lane cameras are to identify unauthorised entry into bus lanes (but as Trevor Macdonald's programme last week showed the councils often get this wrong). To establish the speed of a vehicle you need to measure the distance travelled in a certain time (which is why gatsos take 2 photos, 1 photo can't prove speeding).

If you know you were speeding then accept the NIP, pay early and learn from it.
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • david3331
    Options
    I will get any points in my license?
  • nomoneytoday
    Options
    david3331 wrote: »
    I will get any points in my license?

Yep - 3 of them for the next 3 years (5 years for insurance)
  • david3331
    Options
    Traffic Offence Was On The 12/10/07 Nip Send it To Me On 14/11/07 Can I Just Send It Back Saying Out Of Date
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure