IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Defence to VCS - please help and advice/proof read

Options

Comments

• jonesthebones
    Options
    Okay thank you both who posted!
    I will do that today and see what I come up with :)
  • jonesthebones
    Options
    Hi,
    So I have made a start and got a little bit down.
    I'm not familiar with much of the 'legal lingo' so its more of an account of the day i got the ticket with stuff i've borrowed from other witness statements at the minute.
    Shall I post what I have so far for you to read through?
  • U414830
    U414830 Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It's advised to be ready with your witness statement but wait until you receive theirs so you can post it here and have help to rip it apart.

The knowledgeable will help you as they helped me. I won my case Derby vcs but different car park.
  • jonesthebones
    Options
    Hi!
    How soon should I expect their WS?
    Im trying to get as much done now before I start back at college and work while I have the time :)
    Thank you for replying
  • U414830
    First Anniversary
    Options
    When is the deadline?

I received theirs about a week before, I had mine ready then added points against their points.

After I handed mine to the court then emailed a copy to vcs they filed a supplementary witness statement to try and counter my w/s.

I contested their supplementary w/s asking it to be excluded but filed my own against theirs incase it was included.

Don't worry about appearing in court as it isn't as bad as you might think, it's good to go and get your argument across.

Good luck!
  • U414830
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The Vcs witness statement I received was a template that I'd seen before searching the forum. It was about 30 pages but didn't contain much really.

It's all designed to rattle you probably a last chance to get you to fold, stay strong and carry on with your statement don't be worried or stressed.
  • jonesthebones
    Options
    Hi
    The deadline is September 24th, loads of time I know haha.
    Okay, that comforts me a bit actually. Thank you for your reassuring help!
  • U414830
    First Anniversary
    Options
    No worries, I'm glad I helped a little.

I can only share my own experience and offer limited advice as I have no legal knowledge other than what I have read/ been advised here.

Keep it going and post for critique for the experts to help you, you do have time but be ready.

Good luck!
  • U414830
    First Anniversary
    Options
    How's your ws going?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income