Options
1235»

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,341 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    7sefton wrote: »
    Where is the referrals board - I can’t seem to find it!
    It lives at the bottom of the "Who & Where are You?" section of the forum. Only visible when logged in I believe.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

I would echo Not Radio2's advice, best to go with an established forum member offering a split.
  • ericpode
    ericpode Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tried to refer a friend, and passed them the referral link which they used, but after laboriously filling in 4 pages with their details it just stops with an error
    Unfortunately there has been a technical problem. This transaction has not been completed. Error code: VAL_MANUAL_002
    They filled in the details 3 times, and just got the same error each time.

We called TSB and got through to a department that deals with referals but they had no idea, and just gave out another number. When we called that it says "TSB is closed, phone back on Monday".

What a hassle.

Has anyone else seen this happen?
  • RN61
    RN61 Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ericpode wrote: »
    I tried to refer a friend, and passed them the referral link which they used, but after laboriously filling in 4 pages with their details it just stops with an error

They filled in the details 3 times, and just got the same error each time.

We called TSB and got through to a department that deals with referals but they had no idea, and just gave out another number. When we called that it says "TSB is closed, phone back on Monday".

What a hassle.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

No. But I'd suggest make a detailed complaint!
  • ericpode
    ericpode Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Error code: VAL_MANUAL_002
    I raised a complaint with Resolver which has been completely ignored by TSB. :mad:

Eventually I found the reason for the error code myself - I'll post it here in case it helps anyone else that encounters it:

When the person being referred enters their postal address, they would usually enter their postcode and click the Find Address button, and select the correct address from the displayed list. In this case the address on their list was slightly incorrect so we were clicking the Enter Address Manually button and filling it in correctly. It seems that because this wasn't exactly the same as the addresses on the list, it eventually caused the error code on the final page.

We gave it one last try, but just selected the slightly incorrect address and there was no error code. It completed OK.

What a shambles.
  • Ghostcrawler
    Options
    Will this work?

1. I open the classic plus account and switch and get £50 switch bonus
    2. Recommend a friend and he opens the classic plus account and also gets £50 switch bonus
    3. Once we complete pay-in and DD requirements we both get £75

Note that we are not existing TSB customers.
  • rhysgt
    rhysgt Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know long will this offer be available? Hoping to switch my Nationwide account in Feb next year after my regular saver expires.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rhysgt wrote: »
    Does anyone know long will this offer be available? Hoping to switch my Nationwide account in Feb next year after my regular saver expires.
    The people holding the marketing budget within TSB would be best placed to answer that question...indeed the only people. Why not open and switch a donor account now?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure