We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Better offers from BT after starting process of moving to new provider?

124»

Comments

  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Then it would be pointless having a seperate company if they where the same .


    Where an ISP ( Vodafone )puts in FTTP or as you say FTTH then they have sole control and are the only supplier .Prices will have no competitors .


    Where OpenReach put in FTTP / FTTH then any other supplier can use that to supply by law .As OR slowly rollout FTTP other ISPs will start to take up with more competetive pricing .
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    I wrote earlier
    Start haggling with BT today and couldn’t get them to move below £29.99 for landline and web plus weekend calls (not evening) plus an extra £5.00 if I want for anytime calls Total £34.99

    On the other hand PlusNet were offering £23.99 for internet and line rental plus £8 if I want anytime calls. In addition £50 bonus. Leaving the bonus aside that’s 31.99. Not much in it
    Anyway I contacted them this morning and after a bit of haggling £27.99 + £5 for anytime calls and what swung it for me was the.£80 gift card, but it took some doing. We were almost finished when I suggested he asked his manager and if he said yes I would stay.

    He said yes 😋
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.