IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Waitrose, BW Legal, Britannia Parking, John Lewis Legal team

Options

Comments

• BS_Newbie
    BS_Newbie Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    These are the new signs from 2017
    This is the one that drivers see as they drive into the car park
    waitrose-3.jpg

This is the main one at the store entrance
    waitrose-2a.jpg
    waitrose-2.jpg

This are the T's & C's which you have to get right up to in order to read all of them
    waitrose-2b.jpg

These aree littered about the car park in various places
    waitrose-4.jpg

and there are a couple of these at pedestrian exits
    waitrose-5.jpg
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i think you need to send 2 pics to the bpa ,

wait1.jpg

wait2.jpg

no more , no less just those 2

ask them if they think THERE member brittania had proper signage that was clear

explain that you have 5 tickets dating back as far as 201? over x yrs , and you intend to defend

you will if needed get local press and your MP involved if it gets that far

then list invoice numbers

not had time to read they , but if you have email or letter from lewis/waitrode saying they will cancel , then inc it

someone will post a BPA contact and email in a minute
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Whoooosh ......

Steve Clark

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • twhitehousescat
    edited 3 April 2019 at 7:34PM
    Options
    PS , during the time period you mention brittannia seem to have spent most of there time banned from DVLA access

another email should be dent to the DVLA , with dates a month before and a mth or so after last event asking who and when your info was given to

it should show 5 timed all marked brittania , the DVLA will not be amused it they have defrauded them of money

if there are 2 cars , then send 2 letters etc etc

BPA will also not be happy
  • BS_Newbie
    edited 3 April 2019 at 7:36PM
    Options
    i think you need to send 2 pics to the bpa ,

wait1.jpg

wait2.jpg

no more , no less just those 2

ask them if they think THERE member brittania had proper signage that was clear

explain that you have 5 tickets dating back as far as 201? over x yrs , and you intend to defend

you will if needed get local press and your MP involved if it gets that far

then list invoice numbers

not had time to read they , but if you have email or letter from lewis/waitrode saying they will cancel , then inc it

Thanks very much whitehousescat - we shall certainly do that immediately. -
    A reply was never received from John Lewis or brittania

When you say invoice numbers do you mean the PCN notice No ?? (I think you do but I never assume anything)

Also as the 2 PCNS from 2016 were from the same day at the exact same time can I include this as complaint as they are clearly trying to get payment twice ??
    56248006-2292984914361423-7211786840636915712-n-1.jpg
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    BS_Newbie wrote: »
    On every occassion the RK did shop at the store .

On the first occssion in 2014 They spoke to he manager as soon as they saw the PCN atached to the windscreen but was told the manager did not have the authority to cancel and PCNS and suggested they write to the head office at John Lewis .
    In 2014 and 2016, Britannia:

- didn't use the POFA in their NTKs, so can't hold the RK liable anyway,

and

- the photos used to be taken by Waitrose staff I believe, if it's anything like my local, and they used to take two photos both timed at the end!
    is there a better option than naming the driver who is happy to be named as it was the same driver on all occasions.
    DEFINITELY better than naming the driver is replying stating that the RK was NOT the driver and will attest to that at the hearing, with evidence that the car is insured for more than one person - but to protect the driver and to rely on the protection of the POFA, the RK prefers to defend in their name, as is their right, and not to name the driver (again, as is their right).

Also point out the daft two PCNs that were dated/timed almost identically and tell BW Legal to actually scrutinise the trash they have produced as evidence.

Who is the RK being assisted by...not a company, we hope? There are some truly horrible ones around, believe me.

You mean assisted by family?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    PS , during the time period you mention brittannia seem to have spent most of there time banned from DVLA access

another email should be dent to the DVLA , with dats a month before and a mth or do after last event asking who and when your info was given to

it should show 5 timed all marked brittania , the DVLA will not be amused it they have defrauded them of money

if there are 2 cars , then send 2 letters etc etc

BPA will also not be happy

You need to provide the registered keeper's full name and address, the address on the V5C logbook and the Vehicle Registration Mark of the vehicle involved in the parking incident.

SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gov.uk

This service is free of charge.

Even though you email your request, the DVLA will respond via Royal Mail.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    BS_Newbie wrote: »
    Thanks very much whitehousescat - we shall certainly do that immediately. -
    A reply was never received from John Lewis or brittania

When you say invoice numbers do you mean the PCN notice No ?? (I think you do but I never assume anything)

yes I meen PCN number with dates , you want Mr clark to be so appauld at hid members that he contacts them and gets them cancelled before BPA get more flack

times are a changing at the BPA cannot afford more bad publicity
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    according to this sign , you HAD to spend £10 or you were sent a ticket for £25 ???? !!!!!!

wait2.jpg

that clause is also worth pointing out , as on many occasions they were out of stock of your favorite ??????
  • BS_Newbie
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    In 2014 and 2016, Britannia:

- didn't use the POFA in their NTKs, so can't hold the RK liable anyway,
    that is very helpful to know about . I dont think there is any mention of POFA in their 2018 letters either - I will scan these and post them up anyway. they are all identical .

the ones from 2014 are not what BW are chasing its three from 2018 and the two from 2016 at the same time

and

- the photos used to be taken by Waitrose staff I believe, if it's anything like my local, and they used to take two photos both timed at the end!
    There were no photos on the 2016 PCN's and the images on the PCN in 2018 are too small to read!!!!

DEFINITELY better than naming the driver is replying stating that the RK was NOT the driver and will attest to that at the hearing, with evidence that the car is insured for more than one person - but to protect the driver and to rely on the protection of the POFA, the RK prefers to defend in their name, as is their right, and not to name the driver (again, as is their right).

Understood

Also point out the daft two PCNs that were dated/timed almost identically and tell BW Legal to actually scrutinise the trash they have produced as evidence.

Thats is what we had thought would be needed!!

Who is the RK being assisted by...not a company, we hope? There are some truly horrible ones around, believe me.

You mean assisted by family?

The RK is being assisted by yours truly so def not a company

Thanks Coupon Mad - I have responded against each of your points in red text to make it easier to refer to .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure