Weight Watchers Support

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning.

Fell off the wagon last evening with a bad bout of the munchies. Partly due to tiredness but I've also worked out it may have been due to having eaten too many carbs during the earlier part of the day.

My system just doesn't seem to be able to handle them very well. A few hours after eating them I just crash and then get sugar cravings.

Anyway put myself on the scales and fortunately no damage done, although I haven't tested my blood sugar levels.

Back to the programme........
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone:D Hope you're all ok x
    Sorry i've been MIA, but have had another anxiety/ panic flare up:(Lots of the brown stuff going on here, but i've now lost 32lbs since 9th April :D
    Still decluttering, n can't wait to get away in Nov:j This bloody weather is sooo depressing:(
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • hollowhead
    hollowhead Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Hi everyone:D Hope you're all ok x
    Sorry i've been MIA, but have had another anxiety/ panic flare up:(Lots of the brown stuff going on here, but i've now lost 32lbs since 9th April :D
    Still decluttering, n can't wait to get away in Nov:j This bloody weather is sooo depressing:(

Hope You’re feeling better soon. Yes this weather doesn’t help at all ! Just makes you want to eat and hibernate :(
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Hi Candy.....was wondering where you are. Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. Panic attacks are awful. You are doing very well to continue losing weight when feeling so below par. Well done you, give yourself a big pat on the back. And you're right the weather doesn't help.

Yesterday I just couldn't get warm, despite wearing warm clothing and having the heating on. It really made my joints and muscles hurt. My body didn't like it at all.

Must be the loss of body fat :rotfl: but it was a sharp reminder of just how cold this house is. I'd forgotten during the last few weeks and got a bit complacent but it has served to jolt me into action.....I must get the insulation done this summer and get the house winter ready......I've booked the plumber next week for a consult.

Its still wet here but the wind has died down and it seems a bit warmer. With a bit of luck the weekend should be a bit more pleasant.

Anyway I'm back on track (ish). No further loss yet this week but steady as she goes. Just have to keep on, keeping on.

Need to go shopping today for a few bits mainly f&v.

We can do this, in spite of the miserable weather. Just need to stay in the zone. Going to cook a hearty warming lamb casserole today,loads of vegetables to keep the points low.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Anyone else struggling.......?. I'm afraid I am, all I want to do is stuff my face. Maybe it's the weather........I think it's not helping that I'm not sleeping very well.

Well .....no one said it would be easy.

I'm tracking but not managing to stay within my daily allowance, I have already used half of my weeklies and it's only been 2 days. :eek:

Just go to keep plodding on. I have only got 1 stone to go.......so near and yet so far. :rotfl:
  • Dorothy60
    Dorothy60 Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    Hello fellow WWers - GOD THIS IS SO HARD!!

The numbers on my scales are going the wrong way lol - well, they have been but I have finally reversed the trend.

Only 4lbs to my target, four little 16 ounces, how hard can it be? Bloody hard, that's how - sigh

I'm fine(ish) during the week, work provides structure and I plan and make my meals the day before and put the little Tupperware boxes in a cool bag - very same old - tend to have the same each day but it is very nourishing and tasty if a tad boring. Weekends throw me, especially when the grandkids are here - not that I go mad by any means, but tend to graze.

Yes LL, this weather is not conducive to healthy salad eating - I WANT HOT BUTTERED TOAST AND LOTS OF IT.

But we've come this far and done amazingly well, even though I haven't been posting I've been thinking of you all and knowing that we are in this together is a massive motivator for me. So happy that I can fit into a few favourite garments that I honestly thought were destined for the chazzer, and I could stop now if I wanted, size 14s are comfortable, my double chin has gone, waist is defined, belly not quite flat but will it ever be? What I'm shocked about is my JayLo bum has diminished - oh how I hated my big bum in my youth, now I miss it! I think I must have flattened it after 45 years of a sedentary office job.

So I must now monitor my face carefully, can't afford to start to look haggard - always had quite a plump face - no defined cheekbones for Dorothy - and must continue to eat some healthy fats as these apparently are crucial to our health.

So lets keep on keeping on - summer will be here eventually and we WILL be ready for it with our lovely svelte bods
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This weather, is enough to drive anyone to drink or food :mad:
    I've hardly been eating cos of my anxiety, but have STS this week.It's the least of my worries though :o
    We can do it though girlies :T
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Dorothy60
    Dorothy60 Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    So just had a read through the thread since the last time I posted and we really are going great guns - slow and steady for some of us, and certainly in my case the odd relapse, but only a pound or two and it certainly hasn't deterred us. Thanks for posting the menu plans LL - I am not imaginative so this really helps me.

I am rubbish with this app - maybe a generation thing but I just CBA and I am sure I am not using my points properly. When we had our early few weeks of nice weather I was straight home from work and into the garden - working of course - and was out there most of the evening so the exercise really took a hit (you can guess which activity I love and which I tolerate for a better bod lol) and I too notice a difference in my silhouette.

I have a rebounder - don't use it much tbh - what I DO use it for is high impact work as it is so much kinder on our joints. I walk at home with Leslie Sansome - she is on youtube - and I do interval training which involves walking slowly then boosted walk - then back to slow. 10 mins but it really gets your heart rate going. If nothing else I do that once a day. I use the rebounder for the boosted (high impact) bit and TBH if I didn't have it I probably wouldn't do that exercise. Have to hold both boobs though while I am jogging lol.

Because I sit in an office all day I make a real concerted effort to walk a lot in my breaks and lunch time, and park quite a distance from work (even in the rain) and most days I manage 10 - 15K steps, more when the weather is nice.

I just wish I could bring myself to do yoga and pilates, core strength and flexibility is so important.

Candy, sorry you are feeling so rubbish - anxiety is so debilitating and those of us who are spared it are lucky indeed. You're doing so well though to lose and maintain when all this is going on. You WILL feel better, maybe not today or tomorrow, but you WILL and when you do your lovely slimmer, healthier bod will be there waiting for you to start enjoying life again
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Lovely post. Dorothy.....good to hear you sounding so upbeat.

I've not had the best of weeks - not panic attacks as such but I do find it hard to switch off sometimes and I get attacks of what I call "brain whirr", where i have so much going through my mind that I cannot sleep.

Candy. I did have a lot of panic attacks just after my husband died. I didn't know how I was going to live without him and the future looked so bleak. Thankfully I don't get them now or at least not as severe, but I can empathise with you, they can be very debilitating.

As I say I've not slept well and I find that's when I get the really bad munchies.....my body craves food to make up for lack of sleep. Fortunately last night was better and I feel much brighter today.

Popped on the scales and it looks like I've lost another 1lb......don't know quite how because I have really struggled to stay even remotely on track this week.

My WW susbscription increased this month, now that the half price offer period has finished. I think I will cancel it and just do my own thing. I have bought a couple of recipe books and the Shop guide which lists a lot of the points so I think I should be able to manage without the app. I don't use it much either although I do like the connect function and all the before and after pictures. :rotfl:

Anyway we have each other on this thread to offer support and encouragement so I will cancel my membership and save myself a bit of money. :D
  • lessonlearned
    edited 14 June 2019 at 11:04AM
    Options
    Today's menu

B. Cheese and ham omelette. 2pts
    L. Mushroom stroganoff (my version :rotfl:) 1 pt broccoli rice 0pts
    D. Pork steak 3pts, 2 pot croquettes 2pts vegetables

Although I do buy recipe books I am very much an "instinctive" cook...meaning I just chuck stuff together and see what happens.....:rotfl:

I do like to experiment and I keep a good selection of herbs, spices and alcohol to make my own sauces, marinades and rubs. I find most dishes can be improved by a slug of booze.....:rotfl:

Economy tip.......rather than use red wine in cooking I keep a bottle of cheap port. A couple of tabs gives a lovely rich taste to sauces, gravies etc. Unlike wine port doesn't go off so a bottle will last a good while. You can use vermouths such as martini types - red or white too, same idea.

1 tabs is 1pt.

Recipe for mushroom stroganoff.

Fry off onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, bit of black pepper until cooked. When done, allow to cool for around 1 minute, then stir in a couple of tabs of low fat creme frache (1pt). Reheat gently for a few seconds. Trick is not to have the mixture too hot so the cream doesn't curdle.

Job done, only takes a few minutes and the cream makes it feel like quite a substantial and filling meal.

I have found that the best way to help me stay on track is to keep food interesting and satisfying so I do tend to experiment quite a bit. If I get bored or if I don't really enjoy my meal then I tend to start craving something "nice". Lol. And that's when I get the munchies.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback