IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Wilko's Car Park Sundays

Hi all
Just looking for some advice. I received a 100 parking fine for parking in Wilko's car park on a Sunday at 1721. I wasnt firstly aware that there was a payment for parking on sunday and, secondly, wasn't aware they charged when the shop wasn't even open. It is from Europarks.
Any legal advice etc greatly appreciated!

Replies

• D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    11.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    We do not give legal advice but if you want advice on how to avoid paying this please read the stickies. Also, complain to your MP as this is a well known scam.

On 18th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these private parking companies. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Ralph-yRalph-y Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    please do as above ....

newbies thread is found here ...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Ralph:cool:
  • MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I don't think Wilko own car parks as such, they tend to rent/lease their stores, so you do have a couple of additional avenues to complain to, which (I think) are mentioned in the NEWBIES thread Ralph-y linked for you.

Edit to add: can you please confirm the name of the PPC?
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    It is from Europarks.
    Not a recognised parking company. You need to be accurate in giving us information, otherwise advice could go askew.

Please recheck.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals