Aviation ADR - no response after 90 days

Options
My Ryanair flight last June was delayed by over 3 hours. Ryanair accepted my claim and I am due c£440. They emailed me to say they would send me a cheque but got 1 digit wrong in my address.

After weeks of frustration with the Ryanair portal; I contacted the Aviation ADR portal. On 31st October they accepted my complaint, stating a final decision would be a judgement would be made within 90 days.

Through their portal I contacted them on 1st February, asking for the decision. No response.

I have phoned them now, and continually get the voicemail saying an agent will call me back, or leave a message on the portal.

Help - how do I get a response, and how to I get my compensation

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    have you contacted Ryanair through social media? As they have issued payment, the actions will need to be for them to cancel the cheque, update the address and re-issue a new cheque.
  • bignred05
    bignred05 Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in the same position with ADR

My 90 days was due up around Mid March, I have emailed them twice (after the 90 days) requesting an update, I have left a message requesting a call back since Friday last week.

the only slight positive is the fact in the complaint file it states
    Final Decision (in RED) in favour of Consumer.

yet I have not been informed of anything
  • bignred05
    bignred05 Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to update the thread

today after 7-10 days of requesting an update, I got it

thy found in my favour
    with Ryanair trying to blame high winds, however ADR did not expect why they just cancelled the flight without transferring all the passengers to Manchester to continue the journey.

Although they are not paying out for the cancelled hotel booking, just the 2 x 250 Euro's for the cancellation of the flight
  • jenksalan
    Options
    Hi. I'm in the same position. 90 days expired a week ago and portal shows case found in my favour, but nothing from ADR despite daily messages from me asking for an update. Phoning just gives option to leave voicemail message. I thought this was supposed to be an independent resolution service but seems just as bad as the airline! HELP!
  • bunkersoldier
    Options
    jenksalan wrote: »
    Hi. I'm in the same position. 90 days expired a week ago and portal shows case found in my favour, but nothing from ADR despite daily messages from me asking for an update. Phoning just gives option to leave voicemail message. I thought this was supposed to be an independent resolution service but seems just as bad as the airline! HELP!
    I submitted a service complaint after the 90 day point and this seemed to expedite a final determination.

https://service-complaint.cdrl.org.uk/open.php

At the same time, I also complained about receiving no response to any of the messages I sent to my complaint handler via the AviationADR portal and their failure to upload to the portal a draft determination or any airline responses or documents, when there are sections within the portal for these.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure