New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Property not for sale

edited 26 March 2019 at 4:39PM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
89 replies 14.1K views

Replies

• M_PythonM_Python Forumite
    176 posts
    How come you didn't know that your mother had moved house last year - were you estranged from her?
  • JJWSJS8700JJWSJS8700 Forumite
    119 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thank you for replying.

Quite the contrary, when my Mum took I’ll, for the first time, I arrived at the hospital and was told, she has a 2 hours to live and that I should contact the family.

I explained I could not as they had ostrich me for more than 20yrs and we’d all live in a 1 mile radius. I told them to use the number they had I file which they did, for my brother.

They eventually arrived 8 hours later, because I kept calling the hospital throughout the day, a one mile journey.

This person thentook all Insurance documents, house deeds, cash everything, I found out later.

My Mum pulled through and I told her I would look after her, no Carers Allowance, pay or anything. My sibling found out and came shouting verbal abuse at me, at the hospital, in the street, came to my Mums home because he had a key, when I was getting it nice for her homecoming..

I got her home and it was brill and no one in her family came to visit, now that she had miraculously pulled through...

Mum asked where her Life Insurance books (which she had paid for 60yrs of her marriage) were and her little Safe and bits of Jewellery.

He brought them back, stating he had been keeping them for safety reasons.

Anyway this went on for t h r e e years, no help whatsoever from anybody, family, social services, just my brother coming shouting and upsetting us and asking my Mum why I had been allowed in the ‘fsmily home’, when I had brought such shame on the family, he said, through having a mixed race child 30yrs ago and how you know that Fathrr would never allow it.

Mum said she wanted her family back, (even though she had never seen half of them for 30yrs, who lived 2 streets away and it was through me they weren’t visiting, so I went.
  • paddy's_mumpaddy's_mum Forumite
    4K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that the best advice anyone can give you is that you need to seek the urgent advice of a solicitor.

When the value of an entire house is at stake, can you really afford not to?
    119 posts
    Thank you for replying to me.

We simply did what the Solicitor told us to do before the funds were handed over to the Local Authority, to complete the purchase

A WILL was also made, noting me and Solicitor as the Excutirs and all of Estate should go to me, after Funeral paid (the only valuable thing at this time was the house which I had paid for).

I undertand a charge cannot be noted on the Deeds at Land Registry for a Declaration of Trust.
    119 posts
    Thank you for replying.

I have been to the Solicitor who completed the Sale, Declaration of Trust and the Will.

He told me Mum changed her Will.
    Mum changed her Trust for the house.

When I told him I have the original 30yr old DofT here, what you sent to my Mother, stating that the property is mine, because I am the Contributor.

He asked to see this letter and seemed shocked, stating the house proceeds are mine and I explained it had been sold for 50% less than market value.

He practically told me to get out and to find a solicitor as he could end up a witness.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • AnotherJoeAnotherJoe Forumite
    18.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mum could not even consider selling without my agreement and signature also.
    If that wasn't registered as a charge against the property you may have a case against the solicitor from all those years back.
    119 posts
    Thank you for replying.

I have been to the Solicitor who completed the Sale, Declaration of Trust and the Will.

He told me Mum changed her Will.
    Mum changed her Trust for the house.

When I told him I have the original 20yr old DofT here, what you sent to my Mother, stating that the property is mine, because I am the Contributor.

He asked to see this letter and seemed shocked, stating the house proceeds are mine and I explained it had been sold for 50% less than market value.

He practically told me to get out and to find a solicitor as he could end up a witness.
    119 posts
    Thank you for replying to me.

Mother purchased it from the Local Authority.

The Solicitor when I went to see him said,

‘Oh you have had a massive falling out’.

Which we had not, but whoever changed the Trust must have told him this, but even if we did, Solicitor should have got his paperwork from his Strongroom and checked.

I think he thought it was Mothers’ house that she paid for and now she is changing her mind about which sibling to Trust it to.
  • AnotherJoeAnotherJoe Forumite
    18.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who bought it? A sibling? A stranger? Wheres the money your mother got from the sale?

Anyways, look its crystal you need immediate legal representation and i think the original solicitor will need to stock up on poo emoticons because hes going to find he's in a lot of it.
  • paddy's_mumpaddy's_mum Forumite
    4K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    JJWSJS8700 wrote: »

He would have done this, not to be personally hostile to you, but to protect his own position, possibly also hearing too much might invalidate the firm's professional insurance. Much the same as your car insurers telling you never to say sorry to the person you collided with.

A good solicitor, of your own, NOW!