Job advice

Options

Comments

• samtheman112
    Options
    1. Card Factory (Been to that shop before and I can't rip off the receipt off the card holder because of my dyspraxia)

2. (Aldi) Tried that and can't apply for a year because they can't hire people for more then a year

3. (Starbucks) I can't make coffee, i have watched them before how they do it and would not have a clue

4. (M&S) Again applied and was rejected

5. (Morrisons) Failed Online Application

6. (Prezzo)-Don't like the place and its too posh
  • samtheman112
    Options
    And why is it pointless for me nicechap. Its not easy trying to find work at the moment. I need a part time job before university that's all
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They train you do the jobs you know. They don’t expect you to know straight away.

Apply for jobs near your university so you have one when you start. Also there likely be jobs coming up soon with many uni courses finishing and students going back home
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• Sncjw
    Options
    You need to stop making excuses.

You can’t afford to make judgements like it’s too posh.you need to be pro active in life. You expect things to fall in front of you
    Mortgage free wannabe 

• Sncjw
    Options
    You say you can’t rip the receipt off the holder your going to have to do that in kfc or any customer service job
    Mortgage free wannabe 

• samtheman112
    Options
    Im not making excuses and i want to apply for a job while I am at university and help out at open days as well when at university. Having a job at university probably won't be the trouble its just trying to find a job now in the area that im in
  • samtheman112
    Options
    Sncjw wrote: »
    You say you can’t rip the receipt off the holder your going to have to do that in kfc or any customer service job

No because in places like Morrisons or KFC they come off the till
  • samtheman112
    Options
    I mean I am getting better but the problem is money saving expert will ban be yet again even though i have no intention of getting angry like i was before. I mean I have just seen that Lidl is looking for people so i suppose i could try there
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Because I was embarrassed about telling people I got a job interview in a place like that. And I thought you could do that as its in the contract isn't t?

I was at an Aldi store years ago for less than a year, they were perfectly ok with people staying for less than a year.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Card Factory (Been to that shop before and I can't rip off the receipt off the card holder because of my dyspraxia)

2. (Aldi) Tried that and can't apply for a year because they can't hire people for more then a year

3. (Starbucks) I can't make coffee, i have watched them before how they do it and would not have a clue

4. (M&S) Again applied and was rejected

5. (Morrisons) Failed Online Application

6. (Prezzo)-Don't like the place and its too posh

Re number 6 that's not going to get you a job is it if you have that attitude to a would be employer.

I mean I am getting better but the problem is money saving expert will ban be yet again even though i have no intention of getting angry like i was before. I mean I have just seen that Lidl is looking for people so i suppose i could try there

Yes apply for Lidl.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport