Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Parking (Code of Practice) Act 2019 updates from Parliament. - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Parking (Code of Practice) Act 2019 updates from Parliament.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
41 replies 1.5K views

Replies

• Mr._MimeMr._Mime Forumite
    10 posts
    Do they have a deadline, or ETA?
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    85.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they will get around to it when everyone involved in all the parties have stopped arguing with each other and stopped trying to tell the majority of people in this country who voted to leave (and would vote that way again) that we are stupid...

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 16 May 2019 at 6:43AM
    Snakes_BellySnakes_Belly Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 16 May 2019 at 6:43AM
    A failure on the part of any person to act in accordance with any provision of the parking code does not of itself make that person liable to any legal proceedings in any court or tribunal.

As a newbie, who is curly?

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curly ..... rhymes with ...... check out the top of the IPC dung pile.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Snakes_BellySnakes_Belly Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Curly ..... rhymes with ...... check out the top of the IPC dung pile.

Thanks. Got It.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    14.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget Mavis Davies who runs the after school Kindergarten club
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my esteemed and well informed opinion "the people" got it wrong., Giving the vote to the great unwashed it was bound to be thus.

Think Jeremy Kyle, think Corrie, think football, think The Sun, think Brighthouse..
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Deep wrote: »
    In my esteemed and well informed opinion "the people" got it wrong., Giving the vote to the great unwashed it was bound to be thus.

Think Jeremy Kyle, think Corrie, think football, think The Sun, think Brighthouse..

Some Deep thinking there TD! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • bargepolebargepole Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Deep wrote: »

I don't watch Jeremy Kyle or Coronation Street, don't follow football (the ball is the wrong shape), don't read The Sun or buy goods from Bright House.

In the EU Law module of my LLB, I received a Distinction grade, and can rightfully claim to know more about the EU, its history, its institutions, its legislative powers and its Parliament than most on here.

Yet not only did I vote Leave, I actively campaigned in my local area, and had a big red placard in my front garden.

Go figure.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 40, lost 11), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and am a Graduate member of CILEx, studying towards a Fellowship (equivalent to solicitor) in Civil Litigation. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    14.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BP .... you are well qualified to TELL that May woman to get on her bike and vanish into the Welsh hills
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR