Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

April 2019 Grocery Challenge - Page 21

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

April 2019 Grocery Challenge

edited 15 March 2019 at 12:57PM in Old Style MoneySaving
202 replies 18K views
1151617181921»

Replies

• ancientmumancientmum Forumite
    280 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I managed to get away with spending £57.44 in the Grocery Challenge this month.
    This is mainly due to having spent a lot last month stocking up on cat food/cat litter, and eating home made ready meals from the freezer, although I did do a roast for the DS1 family on Easter Sunday. It also helped that DS3 did not come home from uni over Easter (he wanted to visit a friend) and I had a weekend away which is paid for from the Jollies savings.
    I know I will have to spend more on household stuff next month but that does not start until the weekend when my NHS pension comes in. Any money left in the purse will go into the Takeway Tin !.
    If life is a journey, I want comfy shoes :

Grocery Challenge 2020: £1475.70/1500 yearly spend
  • JingsMyBucketJingsMyBucket Forumite
    474 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Ooh! :T:T:T:j:j:j:):):) Congratulations - I knew it was imminent

Thank you! Every few hours during the day, OH asks me (sweetly and funnily), “Are we still married?” :)
    APRIL 2020 GC: $97.42/$300.00 // 3/12 NSD