Pet water fountains

Options
2»

Comments

• Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have this one and my cat drinks from it regularly (making use of the various levels): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mate-Fresh-Water-Drinking-Fountain/dp/B001NYGB8W
  • Alikay
    Alikay Posts: 5,147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've got a PetMate one for our cat. She does seem to drink more from the fountain than when she has her water in a bowl, but the filter cartridges are expensive, and the unit is fiddly to wash. We're on our 3rd one as the pumps have stopped working after a couple of years.

They're OK, but i wouldn't bother if your cat drinks from a bowl (other than the toilet!)
  • Jemima09
    Jemima09 Posts: 179 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another vote for Catit.. mine is called 'fresh & clear', looks like a white bucket with a green top. It's an older version without the flower though which makes me sad :( haha.

I get the filters on amazon or zooplus and replace them every month.

It's really quiet, usually I can only actually hear it if the water level has got low, and then you get a bit of a trickling noise. Which makes you need a wee if you listen too long, but it's a good reminder that the water needs changing!

Not had any issues with needing to replace the pump yet, and I've had mine 3 years next month.

I got it because my cat gets regular cystitis so it's really important she drinks enough. I never had any trouble getting her to drink from metal or ceramic bowls, but I definitely feel she drinks more now from the fountain.
    Debt Free and Very Very Proud! - DMP mutual support member 315
    Debts at May 09 (LBM) £20,675 : Dec 13 £ZERO!
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I did change the pump on my original fountain, it isn't always necessary to buy a whole new unit. However, the multi-layer 'Catit' got very scruffy looking, with limescale clearly visible at the waterline etc. The enclosed 'flowerpots' are better for this as the waterline is out of sight.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport