🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Well done Tiscali

Options
I know is is fashionable to knock Tiscali, but I phoned them for a MAC number on Monday morning. The only reason I will be leaving them is to take the TV,Talk and Surf package with Sky for only a about £5 more than what I pay for BB and phone now. I have been very happy with their service.

Got through in under five minutes, was told they would email the number as well as confirm in writing, also would text my mobile. I was amazed to get the text in under 2 hours and the letter has come today. Well done!

Arni

Comments

• JayTee99_2
    Options
    heyy, not a heavy-ish downloader, are you smiley4ab3.gif
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    Arni wrote: »
    I know is is fashionable to knock Tiscali

Nothing fashionable, they're knocked because they're awful! lol
  • Bufflowbill
    Options
    normanmark wrote: »
    Nothing fashionable, they're knocked because they're awful! lol

They do have some people that like them.:D
  • Roman_Camel
    Options
    Arni wrote: »
    I know is is fashionable to knock Tiscali, but I phoned them for a MAC number on Monday morning. The only reason I will be leaving them is to take the TV,Talk and Surf package with Sky for only a about £5 more than what I pay for BB and phone now. I have been very happy with their service.

Got through in under five minutes, was told they would email the number as well as confirm in writing, also would text my mobile. I was amazed to get the text in under 2 hours and the letter has come today. Well done!

Arni

Hi, I have been trying to do a similar thing this afternoon but been sat on that stupid music for ages,so have given up the ghost for today. Did you dial 0845 0774488 ( I am on Broadband) or if not does anyone have any other numbers you think I could get through on?

Also is it possible to request a MAC code without having to cancel at the same time?
    RoMaN CaMeL
  • cam8
    cam8 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    They do have some people that like them.:D

Yes, and I am one of them. I've been with them for about 4 years, and have never experienced any problems. Even when I had to ring their support line, the call was answered in minutes.

Must say that the Sky package does look tempting though, but i'm worried that the broadband service won't be as good as i'm used to with Tiscali.
  • D_e_n_i_s_e
    Options
    iv been with BT, Sky, Tiscali, Pipex and Orange

the best has been BT (but costliest), the second best Tiscali, the worst . . . . . SKY !!!

Sky give you a free wireless router a Netgear 834GT and this is quite a good router

The problem is they do not give you the username or password.

This means if your router packs in or goes faulty you have to wait for a replacement router. this wait was 3weeks the last time round!

YES 3 WEEKS without broadband :(:(:(

GOOD LUCK!
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sky give you a free wireless router a Netgear 834GT and this is quite a good router

This means if your router packs in or goes faulty you have to wait for a replacement router. this wait was 3weeks the last time round!

GOOD LUCK!

Go to Skyuser here and learn how to extract your username/password, easy when you know how!

:cool:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • Roman_Camel
    Options
    iv been with BT, Sky, Tiscali, Pipex and Orange

the best has been BT (but costliest), the second best Tiscali, the worst . . . . . SKY !!!

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for info, I basically need to acquire a router for my daughters laptop and Sky do offer a free router but because of the area I live in I can only get 8mb speed rather than 16 so I guess I will stay with Tiscali as it seems at lot of hassle just to get a free router and then it will cost me an extra £3-00 per month to switch to Sky. Your comments also have made my mind up. Also I might see if Tiscali will do me some kind of deal on a router bearing in mind I have been them for some 5 years plus now. All I need to do is get someone who speaks English on the other end of the line!! Still I hear theres more chance of finding Lord Lucan on Shergar than that happening.

Cheers.
    RoMaN CaMeL
  • tiamaria
    tiamaria Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also had no problem getting my mac code from Tiscali. I am however having problems getting back the 2 payments they took from my bank account after I left!

I won't see that again! Just make sure you cancel your direct debits as soon as your last payment is made.
  • Lord_Lardington
    Options
    I've posted this elsewhere but make no apology for reposting it here:-

was with Tiscali for 18 months with the only problem being that my connection speed was far less less than the UPTO claim.

HOWEVER!!!!! they then cut my connection for a week with no warning (in the end I believe it was planned exchange work) and that's when I when I encountered the true horror of their support network. Not only is it on a laughably pricey 0870 number (but obviously get it cheaper with the saynoto0870 site) but it was simply beyond rubbish.

Never again.
    My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills