Options

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Now I'm feeling left out.

I've had several Tesco internet savers over the years, most of them open over a year, albeit with fairly small balances. I've never received or been offered any Clubcard points:( And I do most of my grocery shopping there:cool:
    I wouldn't have thought it was balance dependant, but mine did have a very large opening balance, and has been growing by around £1K per month.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wouldn't have thought it was balance dependant, but mine did have a very large opening balance, and has been growing by around £1K per month.
    Do you shop with Tesco very much? In the past I've noticed a reduction (or cessation) in savings vouchers when I shop there regularly, and an increase when I haven't for a while. As a result I now 'boycott' Tescos for a while every six months or so, just so they know they cannot rely on my custom. ;)

I wonder if these points freebies offered through Tesco Bank are aimed at customers who don't normally shop with Tesco?
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    Options
    VGROWER wrote: »
    hi guys i am new in here please help me..

What's your problem?
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    Options
    The only vouchers I receive are those for 'spend £40 and we will give you 50p in return' !!!! Sometimes I have reductions on products that I never buy. Very occasionally I have had 'till spits' - save 50p (I think) on £3.50 greeting card. I would never pay that for a card.

I used to do a lot of quick shops at my local Tesco, but since they closed it down last February, Asda and (newly opened) Aldi get my custom now. I sometimes go into Tesco once a week as I pass one of their larger stores, but tend not to buy a lot as I have bought stuff elsewhere.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,229 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    That's a bit rough and I don't even use my Tesco cards at Tesco.

Ooops, neither do I. Always use a cashback credit card, or one of the several I use for DD purposes. My bad:p
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Same with me badger09, we are clearly doing something wrong. :(

Now I know what I'm doing wrong:o

EachPenny wrote: »
    Do you shop with Tesco very much? In the past I've noticed a reduction (or cessation) in savings vouchers when I shop there regularly, and an increase when I haven't for a while. As a result I now 'boycott' Tescos for a while every six months or so, just so they know they cannot rely on my custom. ;)

I wonder if these points freebies offered through Tesco Bank are aimed at customers who don't normally shop with Tesco?

I bet they're devastated by the regular 6 monthly dip in their turnover caused by one of MSE's finest:rotfl:
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I bet they're devastated by the regular 6 monthly dip in their turnover caused by one of MSE's finest:rotfl:
    I would relent immediately if I heard the local store manager sobbing over his profit figures. :D

I understand they have considerable interest in the flavour of crisps I buy, and the number of tins of baked beans I purchase over the course of a year, which is why they invested in the Clubcard system to track everything I do. So it follows they probably have a system in place that 'notices' if a particular customer hasn't been shopping with them recently and offers inducements to come back. I cannot prove this of course, but anecdotally it seems to work. :)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • sully1311
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    It's an instant access saver, with no notice periods or minimum time limits. Thus you can take out your money, and close the account if you wish, whenever you like. In common with all instant access accounts, you will be paid any interest that you have earned up to the withdrawal/closing date.

That's £100. So over 12 months, you are talking about £1.36 versus £1.50 in interest.

There's been over 5K in the account. I've had it since the start of January so don't want to lose the interest that I have earned on it since then.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sully1311 wrote: »
    There's been over 5K in the account. I've had it since the start of January so don't want to lose the interest that I have earned on it since then.
    So it's a bit more in interest. In any case, though, you won't lose a penny in interest by closing an instant access account.
  • dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone else unable to login to their Marcus account?
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dekkard wrote: »
    Anyone else unable to login to their Marcus account?

I spoke to them earlier. They are aware of the problem.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback