The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    yaddayadda wrote: »
    I don't really understand why the best buy section of this article doesn't include the first direct regular saver with 5% interest
    That'll be because it's about easy access savings accounts and the First Direct Regular Saver Account is a regular savings account and not an easy access account. Technically you can access your savings quite easily but since you lose most of the interest it's not much use in that department

It is however the top account in the regular savings account section

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-regular-savings-accounts
  • yaddayadda
    yaddayadda Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah ok thanks
  • Reed_Richards
    Reed_Richards Posts: 4,184 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yorkshire Building Society just released Issue 9 of their Single Access Saver account with an interest rate of 1.25% (up 0.05% from Issue 8). The account runs for a year from the date of opening and must be closed to access your savings early, but this can be done at any time (after the first 14 days) without penalty.
    Reed
  • FB13
    FB13 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm trying to decide between Cyprus and Paragon if they are both offering 1.31% now. Other than needing to switch away from Cyprus after a year, is there any reason to pick one over the other?

I saw that Paragon's T&Cs say that withdrawing money takes at least a day. Does that mean that you lose a day or two of interest?
    "We’ll transfer money to your Nominated Account by the end of the next Business Day as along as we receive your request before 2pm on a Business Day – if not; the transfer will be done on the next Business Day"
  • dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FB13 wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide between Cyprus and Paragon if they are both offering 1.31% now. Other than needing to switch away from Cyprus after a year, is there any reason to pick one over the other?

I saw that Paragon's T&Cs say that withdrawing money takes at least a day. Does that mean that you lose a day or two of interest?
    "We’ll transfer money to your Nominated Account by the end of the next Business Day as along as we receive your request before 2pm on a Business Day – if not; the transfer will be done on the next Business Day"

Did you mean Kent Reliance, not Paragon? The latter doesn't seem to be offering 1.31% rn.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dekkard wrote: »
    Did you mean Kent Reliance, not Paragon? The latter doesn't seem to be offering 1.31% rn.
    It is from today, Limited Edition

https://www.paragonbank.co.uk/savings/savings-accounts?tabid=Easy-Access
  • FB13
    FB13 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »

Yeah, that is the account I was asking about. Since the rates are the same, I was looking for some reason to differentiate them.
    FB13 wrote: »
    Other than needing to switch away from Cyprus after a year, is there any reason to pick one over the other?

• garwen57
    Options
    Just opened a new account yesterday (Saturday) and transferred money online from my old account (which went out immediately) but still my balance shows £0.00 in Paragon. Do I need to worry?
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    garwen57 wrote: »
    Just opened a new account yesterday (Saturday) and transferred money online from my old account (which went out immediately) but still my balance shows £0.00 in Paragon. Do I need to worry?

It probably just hasn’t gone through yet, if it still doesn’t show on Wednesday I would investigate.
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    garwen57 wrote: »

Paragon only allocate deposits to the holders account during working hours, so it won't appear until some time during Tuesday. Although it won't be visible in your account until Tuesday it will be given a posted date and interested earned from the day that Paragon receive it, which should be yesterday.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family