We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

1…16141615161716191620…2003

Comments

  • Eirambler
    Eirambler Posts: 155
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes it is.
  • Bigwheels1111
    Bigwheels1111 Posts: 3,385
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Eirambler said:
    Yes it is.
    I found them.

  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,692
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 7 August 2023 at 11:12PM
    Well what a day this has been. I shall now close the Santander Regular Saver and Principality Christmas 2023 Regular Saver and empty the contents into Tandem.
    Tandem is variable, I'm not closing my 5% regular savers just yet.

    The pressure is hotting up on Barclays Blue Rewards Rainy Day Saver though.
  • dgpur
    dgpur Posts: 226
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    phillw said:
    Well what a day this has been. I shall now close the Santander Regular Saver and Principality Christmas 2023 Regular Saver and empty the contents into Tandem.
    Tandem is variable, I'm not closing my 5% regular savers just yet.

    The pressure is hotting up on Barclays Blue Rewards Rainy Day Saver though.
    I can’t see any particular point in closing my Principality Ch 23 RS as things stand. It finishes in November anyway, and it’s more faff to shut it than to let it run its course - even if it doesn’t offer a higher return than Tandem. My other RS accounts are 5.5%, 5.75%, 7% and 7.5% - so still very much worth keeping open!
  • dingling68
    dingling68 Posts: 358
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well what a day this has been. I shall now close the Santander Regular Saver and Principality Christmas 2023 Regular Saver and empty the contents into Tandem.
    Apologies for the off topic question but would you mind posting your minimum payment / closure summary schedule that you kindly shared with us over on the regular saver thread again please? I thought I had bookmarked it but now can't find it. Thank you 

    Save £12k in 2022 #54 reporting for duty 
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 4,974
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well what a day this has been. I shall now close the Santander Regular Saver and Principality Christmas 2023 Regular Saver and empty the contents into Tandem.
    Apologies for the off topic question but would you mind posting your minimum payment / closure summary schedule that you kindly shared with us over on the regular saver thread again please? I thought I had bookmarked it but now can't find it. Thank you 

    In order to keep this thread on topic I've just posted a more up to date version on the regular saver thread. See:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80221116/#Comment_80221116
  • martinm1
    martinm1 Posts: 85
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My tandem is only showing 4.36% and no email this morning.  When do they update? Plus everytime I leave the app (not close app) I need to type in my phone number and get a code - is that normal?
    micheal5kr.gif
  • martinm1 said:
    My tandem is only showing 4.36% and no email this morning.  When do they update? Plus everytime I leave the app (not close app) I need to type in my phone number and get a code - is that normal?
    Mine is the same. I hope it changes.
  • Bigwheels1111
    Bigwheels1111 Posts: 3,385
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It would help if before posting a question posters read the comments from 2 or 3 pages back.
    Tandem rate change will be updated today the 8th by end of day.

  • Alicon88
    Alicon88 Posts: 52
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Opened a tandem account!
    Thank you for highlighting this.

    For people using it already: Will it show the daily interest earned in the app?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.