The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• suelees1
    suelees1 Posts: 1,617 Forumite
    Options
    CannyJock wrote: »
    Paper statement seems to have been removed - separate thread on it.

Oh ok thanks. I've only just started looking at this forum so am not on top of it yet
    I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!
  • getthemax
    Options
    suelees1 wrote: »
    thanks getthemax. I usually do my research so I'll continue to keep on top of things and not let the media allow knee jerk reactions.

I quite understand. It's easy to get spooked by any comments that you read on the Net. Please remember that in no shape or form am I recommending them as a place to put your savings though, that's got to be your decision.:rolleyes2

I was going to open an account with them as I've got too much (perhaps) in Icesave, but they don't do joint accounts and I don't want the fag of having yet another two accounts to worry about. I've been with Icesave since they started over here, and even at current rates the return isn't too bad. West Brom looks awkward to manage, so won't look at that any further.
  • dollywops
    dollywops Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I have two teenagers who want to open high interest internet savings accounts.

Most sites seem to require a minimum age of 18.

Who offers the best deal for a 16 year old?

I am also looking for a high interest account for my 16 year old dd. She has an Abbey esaver, but I need another account to move over some of her money. She has a Halifax save4it, but after April she cannot keep that account.

Like lowplainsdrifter says, most sites and also BS's paying a decent rate seem to require a minimum age of 18.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Attached are a couple of links to moneyfacts and moneysupermarket, if that's of any help.

http://www.moneyfacts.co.uk/savings/bestbuys/default.aspx

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/Savings/Default.asp?p=0
  • suelees1
    Options
    CannyJock wrote: »
    Paper statement seems to have been removed - separate thread on it.

Cannyjock, I must've misunderstood your post the other day and didn't have time to look properly. I took it to mean Kaupthingy now don't ask for linked bank statements. I've done a search but only come across one thread about this but still don't know what you mean :huh:
  • tawse57
    tawse57 Posts: 551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    getthemax wrote: »
    I quite understand. It's easy to get spooked by any comments that you read on the Net. Please remember that in no shape or form am I recommending them as a place to put your savings though, that's got to be your decision.:rolleyes2

I was going to open an account with them as I've got too much (perhaps) in Icesave, but they don't do joint accounts and I don't want the fag of having yet another two accounts to worry about. I've been with Icesave since they started over here, and even at current rates the return isn't too bad. West Brom looks awkward to manage, so won't look at that any further.

What is awkward about the West Brom - just postal?
    This is not financial nor legal nor property advice. Consult a paid professional if in doubt.
  • suelees1
    Options
    Just to pass on some info. I emailed Kaupthing Edge and told them I thought their need for a statement from my linked account was rather unreasonable particularly as a lot of us are trying to help save the planet. Here's their response:

"In response to customer feedback we have made joining Kaupthing Edge even easier. As a result of this I am pleased to say that we no longer require a bank statement. This new process will make applying simpler, faster and more convenient for our customers, without compromising the security of your account.

Over the next few days we will be sending you an e-mail explaining our new account opening process. This will include you receiving a welcome e-mail giving details of the new account we are opening for you and a letter with information on how to log in to our website

I hope this answers your query but if not, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch."

Obviously people power worked with this one!
  • Flanker27_uk
    Options
    Just followed the link to the West Bromwich BS for their Star account & the web site is responding with the account has been withdrawn :rolleyes:
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you still want to open one, it looks like you may still be able to as long as you get the application to them by 5 March. See post #39 on link. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=718699&page=2
  • johncrowther
    Options
    I've just received an email from ICICI announcing:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    With effect from 7th of February 2008, the Bank of England's Base Rate was reduced from 5.50% to 5.25% .Following this change, the HiSAVE savings account and Term Deposit rates would be revised from the 5th of March 2008 as stated below:
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Current Interest Rate:
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6.41%AER / 6.23 % Gross[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Interest Rate with effect from 5th March 2008:
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6.16% AER / 6.00 % Gross
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Current BOE base Rate[/FONT]: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5.25%

Hope this helps.
    [/FONT]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport