IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia/BW Legal Claim Form

Options
123457»

Comments

• jackpot_spaniel
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has helped guide me through this process, and a special shout-out to Coupon-mad who advised me to include that point in my Defence and Witness Statement!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has helped guide me through this process, and a special shout-out to Coupon-mad who advised me to include that point in my Defence and Witness Statement!

Well done:beer:, you won and once again BWLegal/Britannia LOST
    That's a result
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    well done , a win is a win , whatever the reason, so up yours yet again Britannia and up yours B W LEGAL too

another one bites the dust !!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's a WIN! But not how I expected at all...

We basically debated the following point of my Witness Statement for two hours:
    Section 9 of Schedule 4 of the POFA details the explicit requirements of a Notice to Keeper, including the timeline that must be given. Section 9(2)(f) requires the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) to: “warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given…” However, the Claimant’s PCN notes that: “You are warned that if, after 28 days, the Parking Charge has not been paid in full…” Therefore, the Claimant’s PCN is not compliant with Section 9(2)(f) of the POFA, and misleads the consumer about the statutory timeline. Indeed, the Claimant notes within their PCN that their right to pursue the Keeper is “subject to our complying with the applicable conditions under Schedule 4 of” the POFA.
    The judge approached it from many angles, but the overall decision was that the PCN was non-compliant with the specifics of the POFA, which clearly states "The notice must..."

Permission to appeal was denied by the judge, but I'll have to wait 28 days to see if Britannia do want to appeal it.

I was awarded my ordinary costs, but not the 'unreasonable' costs.

Happy weekend all!
    Hooray, just read about this success! WELL DONE.

Reading court took 2 HOURS to debate a part of statute law that we sussed years ago!

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Hooray, just read about this success! WELL DONE.

Reading court took 2 HOURS to debate a part of statute law that we sussed years ago!

:T

It was the court in Slough as Reading was busy.

With the judge spending 2 hours over this, it's no wonder there is a delay every day

BWLegal however were zapped again and that's the main thing:rotfl:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you go and watch this one, beamerguy?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure