Mattress issues

Options
124»

Comments

• KatrinaWaves
    Options
    Good advice in hindsight
    I wonder how the OP is supposed to know that the matterasse is not suitable for sleeping in if they have not slept in it.
    In any event it looks like the bed co will refund so weather or not the OP slept in it or not is completly irrelevant.
    (

You think that all mattress companies allow people to sleep on the beds before deciding if they are happy with them?

I do not see a post where it says they will refund. they have offered a small refund if the OP keeps it, or an exchange, so it is relevant, thanks.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good advice in hindsight
    I wonder how the OP is supposed to know that the matterasse is not suitable for sleeping in if they have not slept in it.
    In any event it looks like the bed co will refund so weather or not the OP slept in it or not is completly irrelevant.
    (

He doesn't, hence why you take a risk if you buy things like mattresses online.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    He doesn't, hence why you take a risk if you buy things like mattresses online.
    Or you keep the outer wrapper intact (assuming it wasn't a rolled mattress) and try it that way. (Not ideal, I know, but it would allow you to try it without impacting any returns rights).
  • Jumblebumble
    Options
    You think that all mattress companies allow people to sleep on the beds before deciding if they are happy with them?

I do not see a post where it says they will refund. they have offered a small refund if the OP keeps it, or an exchange, so it is relevant, thanks.
    From the Original post
    They said I have to send mine back for a refund and reorder.
    It is not clear if the OP coud take the refund and not reorder
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    From the Original post
    They said I have to send mine back for a refund and reorder.
    It is not clear if the OP coud take the refund and not reorder

That's only if he want to choose a different mattress.
  • Jumblebumble
    Options
    That's only if he want to choose a different mattress.

OP can you clarify if you had the option to take the refund and not buy another mattress as the below implies yes

"Have to wait for a refund to be able to get another as not in a position to order another"
    Many thanks
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    OP can you clarify if you had the option to take the refund and not buy another mattress as the below implies yes

"Have to wait for a refund to be able to get another as not in a position to order another"
    Many thanks

OP has been offered the following options:

1) Replacement
    2) Different product if he returns the mattress first
    3) 10% discount if he keeps the mattress

I think they are all reasonable options.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    tasharthur wrote: »
    It’s not that bad of a company though, they used to sell their stuff with Tesco direct!

I'm not sure that's a ringing endorsement of anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure