Mattress issues

Options

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't you order another on a credit card?
  • tasharthur
    Options
    Yes but it’s not right and to exchange it I have to send it back, then I’ll
    Have to wait for a refund to be able to get another as not in a position to order another. It was only delivered Thursday.
  • tasharthur
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Can't you order another on a credit card?

It’s pretty much maxed out. Had a hard year
    And have had to replace everything. So we are at our limit now.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A rolled spring mattress is perfectly normal
    https://www.dreams.co.uk/mattresses/rolled-mattresses
    Types of rolled mattress
    Rolled up mattresses come in various styles, comfort levels and materials. For a simple, spare mattress, a reflex foam mattress will do the trick. These are best used for kids and bunk beds and have a waterproof cover. They are also hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant, perfect for those who suffer from allergies or respiratory problems. Open spring rolled mattresses are comfortable and compact. Due to their composition, they are best for occasional use. However, at only 20cm height when fully expanded, you can still store these easily when they aren’t needed. For something a bit more luxury, a memory foam mattress might be the perfect solution. These mould to your shape and alleviates pressure from your joints, giving you a beautiful and restful sleep. Finally, a hybrid or pocket spring rolled mattress is the ultimate in transportable luxury. These have micro pocket springs which adjust to the contours of your body while you sleep and distribute your body weight evenly. There is a layer of memory foam on top for added comfort.
  • tasharthur
    Options
    So should I just try a replacement then and hope that the memory foam
    Was just a bit off with this one?
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    tasharthur wrote: »
    So should I just try a replacement then and hope that the memory foam
    Was just a bit off with this one?
    Will they give you a replacement though?

Also temper your expectations. At that price, there will always be compromises on quality and method of storage.
  • tasharthur
    Options
    Yes they offered replacement but I was dubious as they said it’ll be rolled
    Again so if it’s that making the foam flat it’ll just happen again! So would prefer an exchange but they can’t do that, I’d have to wait for a refund. I was happy with the one they sent unrolled. That did seem comfy, we did lie on it (still in wrapper!) and the memory foam was nice and thick!
  • tasharthur
    Options
    It’s not that bad of a company though, they used to sell their stuff with Tesco direct!
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought a double mattress 2 years ago, part sprung, part memory foam. It arrived rolled, in a box. It's fabulous, but it was £900.

You get what you pay for.
  • Jumblebumble
    Options
    If you were unhappy you should not have slept on it.

That’s all there is to it. Take the £15 and buy a topper.. You wanted 20% which is around or less than £28. It’s £13 difference.

Good advice in hindsight
    I wonder how the OP is supposed to know that the matterasse is not suitable for sleeping in if they have not slept in it.
    In any event it looks like the bed co will refund so weather or not the OP slept in it or not is completly irrelevant.
    (
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport