Dogs on planes (in the cabin)

Options

Comments

• chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wonder what would happen if when the OP finishes marking their student's coursework and hands it back to them, one accused them of trolling because it was pointed out that some of the information in that coursework was incorrect?

Actually I will respond to that. There is definitely incorrect information in the coursework brief, I made sure of that.

I am a chartered quantity surveyor by profession, and that is the subject that I teach at university. One important thing that students have to learn is how to deal with inaccurate/misleading/ambiguous design information from other construction professionals on the design team, such as the architect and structural engineer. How they cope with that is a major part of the coursework marking scheme.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2019 at 9:11PM
    Options
    Actually I will respond to that. There is definitely incorrect information in the coursework brief, I made sure of that.

I am a chartered quantity surveyor by profession, and that is the subject that I teach at university. One important thing that students have to learn is how to deal with inaccurate/misleading/ambiguous design information from other construction professionals on the design team, such as the architect and structural engineer. How they cope with that is a major part of the coursework marking scheme.

Never mind, you could strive higher.
    Just because some random seller is selling something on Amazon described as a flight bag for pets doesn't make it so.
    It's inaccurate, misleading and ambiguous and can't be considered design ( it's a bag not designed for pets which can be positively dangerous from my personal experience)
    Believing what internet sellers tell you , or not, is a major part of common sense.
    I know this because i researched searched travelling by air with one of my small pets in recent times.
  • chucknorris
    edited 18 February 2019 at 9:29PM
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Just because some random seller is selling something on Amazon described as a flight bag for pets doesn't make it so.

I'm pretty sure that I have achieved more than you in life. But go on tell us what you do/did, that enables you to look down on chartered surveyors that work as university lecturers (and are self made multi-millionaires from separate business activities), I can't wait to hear?
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • chucknorris
    edited 18 February 2019 at 9:22PM
    Options
    It's inaccurate, misleading and ambiguous and can't be considered design ( it's a bag not designed for pets which can be positively dangerous from my personal experience)
    Believing what internet sellers tell you , or not, is a major part of common sense.
    I know this because i researched searched travelling by air with one of my small pets in recent times.

Oh you edited, I didn't believe anything about the design, what you failed to recognise (and this was key) was the reference to 12 kg, which identified that the product was aimed at 12 kg, that would be for a reason (i.e 12 kg was a legitimate weight target associated with airlines). Why I am not surprised that you failed to see that :rotfl:
  • hollydays
    edited 18 February 2019 at 10:57PM
    Options
    Oh you edited, I didn't believe anything about the design, what you failed to recognise (and this was key) was the reference to 12 kg, which identified that the product was aimed at 12 kg, that would be for a reason (i.e 12 kg was a legitimate weight target associated with airlines). Why I am not surprised that you failed to see that :rotfl:

This 12 kg " Karlie" er.. pet carrier.

Here's a few other things they are selling.

Snack snabbles Banana Chips ( suitable for the " Karlie bogie wheel)
    by Karlie

Coconat oil shampoo
    By Karlie
    ( Their spelling)

Karlie!–54 Wide Black Leather Necklace with Handle 3!Sizes to Choose From
    ( it's a dog collar) £72.46

Are you getting the picture?
    I am sure you believe you are a jet setting professional ..
    Ps you're trying to overcompensate with the rolling smilies.
  • chucknorris
    edited 18 February 2019 at 9:51PM
    Options
    This 12 kg " Karlie" er.. pet carrier.

Here's a few other things they are selling.

Snack snabbles Banana Chips ( suitable for the " Karlie bogie wheel)
    by Karlie

Coconat oil shampoo
    By Karlie

Karlie!–54 Wide Black Leather Necklace with Handle 3!Sizes to Choose From
    ( it's a dog collar) £72.46

Are you getting the picture?
    I am sure you believe you are a jet setting professional ..

Why am I not surprised that you are missing the issues, let me repeat them for you.

1. The carrier
    It wasn't so much the product, it was the weight that it was targeted at (12 kg, why? because that was obviously a relevant weight to do with in cabin pets).

2. My profession
    I have told you what my profession is, I am waiting for you to tell me what yours is/was (that allows you talk down to me like you did), why are you not responding? I think I know why, I'm not going to stop asking you this, so you might as well come clean.

By the way I don't define myself by my profession, it is just something I do for a living, and I have always made much more money from my outside business interests. But don't let that get in the way of you telling us what your career is/was.
  • hollydays
    edited 18 February 2019 at 9:54PM
    Options
    For the benefit of anyone searching google for dogs on planes, the conclusion I came to, is there are numerous restrictions which pretty much mean you can really only carry puppies kittens, on even the airlines that allow it , as the restrictions of the carrier wouldn't allow most pets of a larger size to be carried, as they couldn't be kept under the Seat and be able to turn and move.
    Most of these so- called carriers on amazon ( Chinese drop shipping) are glorified sports bags with dangerous wire and mesh inserts to give the impression of breathability.The few that claim to be cabin friendly cost more like £150 but still say max 8 kg weight.
    You can't carry a dog with its head sticking out of a holdall as amazon would have you believe.
    I mean, who would carry a pet this way.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you want to take a kitten then you will need to hire a nun to carry it in a basket for you.
  • hollydays
    Options
    No 12kg is not a relevant weight.
  • chucknorris
    Options
    No 12kg is not a relevant weight.

Are you going to tell us what your career was/is? I'm not going to stop asking you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure