Symbio Energy feedback

Options

Comments

• DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It turns out that the £40 they were after was covered by the usual direct debit payment two days ago. They did not object to the switch that I re-initiated yesterday. So I guess that's a good tip: providing you don't have a high debit balance, make sure you switch shortly after a direct debit payment and definitely before the next bill!
  • beefturnmail
    beefturnmail Posts: 906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone received a bill for May?  I have not, and my online account has been removed.  Possibly this is either because the switch I re-instigated is indeed going ahead on the 11th and/or Symbio are going ahead with their threat to take me to court....
  • rp1974
    rp1974 Posts: 731 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone received a bill for May?  I have not, and my online account has been removed.  Possibly this is either because the switch I re-instigated is indeed going ahead on the 11th and/or Symbio are going ahead with their threat to take me to court....
    Yes,I have mine and can log into my account without issue.
    Court sounds interesting.
    Symbio versus the world!,apparently.
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 May 2021 at 11:17AM
    Options
    Funny how they can find the time to take people to court. They'll probably soon learn when every single case of theirs gets thrown out. No doubt veiled threats like their suing for review warnings.
  • thelight
    thelight Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Finally gave up on them replying to my complaint for a late final bill and credit refund. I have referred my case to the ombudsman. Maybe they will talk to them.

They will submit evidence which basically just says let us off because of COVID and they may make an offer of a smaller compensation amount (£15 in my case).
  • HonestJohn
    HonestJohn Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    thelight said:
    Finally gave up on them replying to my complaint for a late final bill and credit refund. I have referred my case to the ombudsman. Maybe they will talk to them.

They will submit evidence which basically just says let us off because of COVID and they may make an offer of a smaller compensation amount (£15 in my case).
    I have already rejected their offers of £10 and £15.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
  • devondiver
    devondiver Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Be prepared for a 5 month wait from lodging official complaint - that is if they don't contest anything and all goes smoothly. Do you think they'll still be around in 5 months? 🤔
    I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a self-satisfied pessimist
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Be prepared for a 5 month wait from lodging official complaint - that is if they don't contest anything and all goes smoothly. Do you think they'll still be around in 5 months? 🤔
    Well they have lasted more than 2 years and I joined from the beginning. Fingers crossed they can hang on until 31 March 2022 when my fix finishes. 
  • HonestJohn
    HonestJohn Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    Well they have lasted more than 2 years and I joined from the beginning. Fingers crossed they can hang on until 31 March 2022 when my fix finishes. 
    Wow, they can hang it out for 5 months? Seems the system is not fit for purpose. They must be making some money though as we are all using more power during the cold weather.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
  • devondiver
    devondiver Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    😱What!!? I think that is highly unlikely. I cannot believe that Ofgem can possibly be that useless.
    I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a self-satisfied pessimist
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure