Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***) - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

edited 10 February 2019 at 10:36AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
836 replies 134.7K views

Replies

• PLRFD wrote: »
    Hot news people mark 4th April in your diary’s and stock up on wheelbarrow wheels at Aldi,get em while you can.

A72-D4992-FC6-D-49-A2-8-D91-BAAF74-CD24-DD.jpg
    Don't tell me, in two weeks time the wheelbarrow handles are on offer and a month after that the wheelbarrow body! :rotfl:
  • charlies_mumcharlies_mum Forumite
    8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    PLRFD wrote: »
    Hot news people mark 4th April in your diary’s and stock up on wheelbarrow wheels at Aldi,get em while you can.

A72-D4992-FC6-D-49-A2-8-D91-BAAF74-CD24-DD.jpg

Should we be stocking up on these in case there is a no Deal Brexit ?
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should we be stocking up on these in case there is a no Deal Brexit ?

Only if there is a no Wheel Brexit. Seems unlikely. :)

I bought some of the special offer Deluxe Stem Ginger Biscuits from Lidl at the weekend. They are excellent - a bargain at 54p, and probably okay at their usual price. The flavour is very subtle, and I could tolerate a bit more, but I guess they are trying to cater for all tastes.
    Ex Board Guide
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got lucky yesterday - bought some bakery items from Lidl RTC for 20p. Look out for items marked with round green stickers, folks :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • TrallalleroTrallallero Forumite
    6 posts
    First Anniversary First Post
    The ketchup they sell at Aldi is my favourite. Better than Heinz and much cheaper
  • Lance_De_BoilsLance_De_Boils Forumite
    248 posts
    ✭✭
    Those Portuguese tarts from Lidl. Oh my! I bought two and they were still warm. Went outside and scoffed them. Went straight back in to buy some more but there were none left. Gutted.
    They are delicious and are 49 pence. I do love a cheap tart.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ketchup they sell at Aldi is my favourite. Better than Heinz and much cheaper
    I prefer the Lidl one, but both are fine.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    8.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those Portuguese tarts from Lidl. Oh my! I bought two and they were still warm. Went outside and scoffed them. Went straight back in to buy some more but there were none left. Gutted.
    They are delicious and are 49 pence. I do love a cheap tart.

:rotfl: I see what you did there
  • CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farway wrote: »
    :rotfl: I see what you did there

Turns out he was not joking...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-5965903/Pastry-fans-wild-Lidls-49p-version-famous.html

They are called Pasteis de Nata BTW. I shall have a look for them on my next trip to Lidl.
    Ex Board Guide
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    I went in at lunchtime - they were just a few left on the two shelves reserved for them so they are going fast. Btw you were right about the pesto, now seems to be permanently at 69p :)

My local store has changed its layout so the "imported" baked goods are now quite separate from those baked instore.