Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***) - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

edited 22 May at 11:06AM in Gone Off!
1.5K replies 198.1K views

Replies

• CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Both are a store-cupboard staple for me, but they were the usual price of 75p when I went in on Saturday.

Definitely 69p last week (I checked the receipt before posting). Do Store Managers have discretion to reduce prices locally to clear excess stock?
    ex Board Guide

• kinger101kinger101 Forumite
    6K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldi go some great Angus Ribeye steaks. Never buy ground coffee there though. Porridge oats are good value too.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    Definitely 69p last week (I checked the receipt before posting). Do Store Managers have discretion to reduce prices locally to clear excess stock?
    Checked in my fridge and my recently-opened jar is full of fluffy white mould :cry:

My loss, the bin's gain.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • MurphybearMurphybear Forumite
    6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreenQueen wrote: »
    I've heard other people say that, but I've never had an issue. Ours are better quality than the local Tesco. Suspect it depends very much on the branch.

I bought some premium pears. They were awful, no flavour at all. Don’t know if I got a rogue pack.
  • MurphybearMurphybear Forumite
    6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had a plum crumble tart from Lidl. Very good and not too sweet. You have to defrost it then cook it so not a quick pud but well worth waiting for. Serves a generous 8 portions.
  • dianasnandianasnan Forumite
    584 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    If you still have the receipt take it back for a refund . I recently bought a bag of King Edward potatos which were black when peeled. took them back for no quibble refund.
  • CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More random price reductions:-

At Lidl:-

- Anti-bacterial Handwash (500ml) - 55p

- Coconut Oil/Avocado Oil Spread - 50p (*)

At Aldi:-

- Piccolo's Thin Breadsticks - 29p (*)

At both:-

- 8x Ice Cream Wafers (vanilla or neopolitan) - £1.35

- Sliced Chicken Breast - £1.49

(*) Could be local manager's clearance price.
    ex Board Guide

• DanipatDanipat Forumite
    56 posts
    Last week I bought the new beetroot burgers in Aldi and they were lovely. I also bought a cauliflower cheese crumble tart and that was absolutely delicious!!
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a beautiful lemon tree for £18.99 from Lidl this evening. I was looking for something to thrive in the conservatory and was perusing the ornamental oranges and suddenly spotted some huge lemons amongst the foliage :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PLRFDPLRFD Forumite
    916 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    All you need now is a gin tree.