Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***) - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

edited 10 February 2019 at 9:36AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
1.1K replies 151.4K views

Replies

• duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    4K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    PLRFD wrote: »
    Bought what ?
    click the link on the word 'this'
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    click the link on the word 'this'

It's a one egg round frying pan
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    23.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farway wrote: »
    It's a one egg round frying pan

I've looked at these but isn't there an issue with it being too small for the hob? I use a 7 inch frying pan when I do a single egg and it's also good for a small omelette.
  • Sea_ShellSea_Shell Forumite
    4.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was really excited to see Aldi do a Hazelnut flavoured coffee. I loved the Dowe Egberts one, but I think they've discontinued it.

But....yuck!! Really bitter aftertaste, and stinks the whole kitchen out, not in a nice way. Really disappointed. Was only £1.49, so no real loss.
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow ":beer: JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!! :j:j:j
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    I was really excited to see Aldi do a Hazelnut flavoured coffee. I loved the Dowe Egberts one, but I think they've discontinued it.

But....yuck!! Really bitter aftertaste, and stinks the whole kitchen out, not in a nice way. Really disappointed. Was only £1.49, so no real loss.
    This might have happened after feedback similar to my own. I found that product bitter and disgusting - so they sent me some vouchers and I bought a big jar of their Gold instead :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Crisps87Crisps87 Forumite
    15 posts
    Aldi have a specially selected peanut butter in their pancake day specialbuys and it is delicious!!! It tastes like Reeses but is half the price! Yum!
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    23.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crisps87 wrote: »
    Aldi have a specially selected peanut butter in their pancake day specialbuys and it is delicious!!! It tastes like Reeses but is half the price! Yum!

Pancake Day (or after) is usually a good time to stock up on syrup. :)
  • CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Special Buy at Aldi:

- Piccolos (delicious thin & crispy breadsticks). 49p.
    Ex Board Guide
  • Hey there. If you shop at the Lidl Supermarket, don't buy those w5 rim blocks. They are about £1.30 for 2. There is 5 blocks in each one. After 2 weeks the cage is empty.

ASDA Supermarket do one for 20p. It foams a lot and you get a pine smell for about 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks it has no smell but lasts about another 4 weeks for foaming action only.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    Couple of random offers at Lidl at the moment:-

- Red or Green Pesto (190g) - 69p

- Whole small Camembert (250g) - 65p
    Both are a store-cupboard staple for me, but they were the usual price of 75p when I went in on Saturday.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!