Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***) - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

edited 10 February 2019 at 10:36AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
762 replies 128.6K views

Replies

• duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    3.6K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    PLRFD wrote: »
    Bought what ?
    click the link on the word 'this'
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    click the link on the word 'this'

It's a one egg round frying pan
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    22.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farway wrote: »
    It's a one egg round frying pan

I've looked at these but isn't there an issue with it being too small for the hob? I use a 7 inch frying pan when I do a single egg and it's also good for a small omelette.
  • Sea_ShellSea_Shell Forumite
    3.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was really excited to see Aldi do a Hazelnut flavoured coffee. I loved the Dowe Egberts one, but I think they've discontinued it.

But....yuck!! Really bitter aftertaste, and stinks the whole kitchen out, not in a nice way. Really disappointed. Was only £1.49, so no real loss.
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow ":beer: JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!! :j:j:j
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    I was really excited to see Aldi do a Hazelnut flavoured coffee. I loved the Dowe Egberts one, but I think they've discontinued it.

But....yuck!! Really bitter aftertaste, and stinks the whole kitchen out, not in a nice way. Really disappointed. Was only £1.49, so no real loss.
    This might have happened after feedback similar to my own. I found that product bitter and disgusting - so they sent me some vouchers and I bought a big jar of their Gold instead :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Crisps87Crisps87 Forumite
    15 posts
    Aldi have a specially selected peanut butter in their pancake day specialbuys and it is delicious!!! It tastes like Reeses but is half the price! Yum!
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    22.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crisps87 wrote: »
    Aldi have a specially selected peanut butter in their pancake day specialbuys and it is delicious!!! It tastes like Reeses but is half the price! Yum!

Pancake Day (or after) is usually a good time to stock up on syrup. :)
  • CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Special Buy at Aldi:

- Piccolos (delicious thin & crispy breadsticks). 49p.
    Ex Board Guide
  • Hey there. If you shop at the Lidl Supermarket, don't buy those w5 rim blocks. They are about £1.30 for 2. There is 5 blocks in each one. After 2 weeks the cage is empty.

ASDA Supermarket do one for 20p. It foams a lot and you get a pine smell for about 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks it has no smell but lasts about another 4 weeks for foaming action only.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    Couple of random offers at Lidl at the moment:-

- Red or Green Pesto (190g) - 69p

- Whole small Camembert (250g) - 65p
    Both are a store-cupboard staple for me, but they were the usual price of 75p when I went in on Saturday.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!