🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Trading 212 Chat

Options

Comments

• MAinline421
    Options
    It is now, they changed the T&Cs (I saved an old copy). Also of note is that shares will now be credited within 3 working days rather than 24 hours. I have now received my shares though. This is questionable but it's probably best not to raise a fuss about an offer which is effectively free money.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,535 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So I've got 3 lots of shares. They've just come through today but I can't seem to sell them. Says bonus shares locked til Friday.
    Is that normal?
    No, it isn't normal, but the terms of the offer have been changed:

"3. Within 3 business days [was 24 hours] from meeting the conditions in Section 2 above, You will be entitled to acquire the Promotion Share (as defined in Section 7 herein). [inserted:] The time for the allocation may only be extended subject to technical issues, or when the time period falls within the weekend - e.g. if the account is opened on Friday at 10 am You will receive the Promotion Share on Wednesday, the next week after 10 am when and if the markets are open.

[new condition] 4. After the Promotion Share has been allocated to You it will be subject to a lock-up period of 3 days. You will only be entitled to sell the Promotion Share upon expiry of the aforementioned 3-days lock-up period. Where the lock-up period expires on a non-business day, the right of disposal shall be active as of the next business day. Trading 212 will not be liable for any price changes during this lock-up period."
  • vekma
    vekma Posts: 9,837 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Balance gone up by about £11 not sure if their offer and someone referral. Site not the easiest to use.
  • telemarks
    telemarks Posts: 255 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 23 January 2019 at 12:59PM
    Options
    So I've got 3 lots of shares. They've just come through today but I can't seem to sell them. Says bonus shares locked until Friday.
    Is that normal?
    I'm in a similar boat.
    • Signed up on last Friday
    • One Free share worth £11 turned up on Tuesday
    • Free share is "blocked" and can't be sold until coming Friday
    • Nothing else to report yet :-(
    As others have said, seems they are tweaking to offer and terms as they go along.
    Perhaps the OP would care to change the tittle of the original thread to reflect the current situation:

"Trading 212 - Free stock worth up to £100 - Deposit minimum £1 (One week to cashout)"
  • webjaved
    webjaved Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    telemarks wrote: »
    I'm in a similar boat.
    • Signed up on last Friday
    • Free share worth £11 turned up on Tuesday
    • Free share is "blocked" and can't be sold until coming Friday
    As others have said, seems they are tweaking to offer and terms as they go along.

They sound like another Wahed Invest!
    Save £12k in 2019 #154 - £14,826.60/£12k
    Save £12k in 2020 #128 - £4,155.62/£10k
  • gollum007
    gollum007 Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The original thread is nothing to do with me.
    I just posted the chat thread as was requested in the referrers board.

If you think the current referrers board thread title is misleading, the best thing to do is to RTM it with a request for it to be updated / clarified.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Interesting to see today that shares (even those gifted some days ago) cannot be sold because 'quantities must be greater than 2'.

Not sure whether that's a glitch, or a deliberate attempt to stop people selling individual free shares.

Buying also seems to be a minimum of 2, so perhaps it's a glitch. But I really don't quite trust this outfit, I don't like the changing of rules, don't like their very confusing web interface and their lack of communication, so I think I'm out as soon as I've sold shares (assuming I can).
  • gollum007
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Interesting to see today that shares (even those gifted some days ago) cannot be sold because 'quantities must be greater than 2'.

Not sure whether that's a glitch, or a deliberate attempt to stop people selling individual free shares.

Buying also seems to be a minimum of 2, so perhaps it's a glitch. But I really don't quite trust this outfit, I don't like the changing of rules, don't like their very confusing web interface and their lack of communication, so I think I'm out as soon as I've sold shares (assuming I can).

Just sold the free share I had no problems, so I'd guess a glitch.

Changing of the rules isn't good I'd agree, but I'd rather that happened than the offer pulled altogether, which isn't uncommon when something like this gets MSE'd.....

Payout requested today, will let the thread know when it appears.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,535 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can still put through the attempted 1 share sell order, but my share is locked until tomorrow, so that's the error I see.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 January 2019 at 1:48PM
    Options
    gollum007 wrote: »
    Just sold the free share I had no problems, so I'd guess a glitch.

Having re-visited the site I see some shares are set to only be traded in 2 or more units. Others 1 or more.

How, if the free share is one of those that can only be sold in 2 or more, you can sell the free share (a promise they make in their offer) I do not (yet) know.

Edited to add: Yes I do - easy when you know how. I'd been selling using the summary charts on the lhs of the screen (on a pc) but from there some are limited to 2 or more units. (This method works fine for shares where they will trade in single units). But if you sell via the summary chart at the bottom of the screen (as seen on a pc) and click the cross in the extreme right-hand column (unlabelled except for an unhelpful graphic) this will sell the share irrespective of that apparent 2 unit minimum. Why the difference? Go figure!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport