PIP Timescales?

Options

Comments

• Iwanttobefree
    Options
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    What points did you score, and against which descriptors?

Please just set it out in a simple table, i.e:

Daily Living
    Activity 1 Preparing Food....Ib.. 2 points for needing an aid;
    Activity 2 Nutrition...............2a.. 0 points; etc, etc

Me?
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Thanks Alice, completely agree that simple form is better.

Posts from the OP are as usually far too long and i find it extremely difficult to sit and concentrate to read the whole post.

Me? I'm not the OP
    The way things are going, soon we are all going to be victims of something or other.

Who will we blame then?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Me?

Me? I'm not the OP
    Yes you and yes you are the other person (OP)

It would also have been better to have started your own thread because this is where confusion starts.
  • Iwanttobefree
    Options
    Daily Living
    Activity 1 Preparing food.......................b) 2 points, needs to use an aid...
    Activity 2 Nutrition ..............................a) 0 points, (feel it possibly should have been d)
    Activity 3 Managing health condition.......a) 0 points (feel it possibly should have been d)
    Activity 4 Washing and bathing..............b) 2 points, needs to use an aid...
    Activity 5 Managing toilet needs.............b) 2 points needs to use an aid/appliance...
    Activity 6 Dressing...............................b) 2 points needs to use an aid....
    Activity 7 Verbal Communication............a) 0 points
    Activity 8 Reading................................a) 0 points (debatable if I should score anything)
    Activity 9) Dealing with people face to face....a) 0 points (100% certain, this should have been d)
    Activity 10) Budgeting .........................a) 0 points (feel it should have been b - d)

Mobility Issues
    Activity 11) Planing and following journey....a) 0 points (debatable if I should score anything)
    Activity 12) Moving around........ b) 4 points, can stand/move 50 - 200 meters (happy with that)

Based on the claimants likely future circumstances, it would be appropriate to review the claim in 3 years.

It is likely that the functional restriction identified in this report will be present at the recommended point of review......Yes
    The way things are going, soon we are all going to be victims of something or other.

Who will we blame then?
  • Iwanttobefree
    Options
    Yes you and yes you are the other person (OP)

It would also have been better to have started your own thread because this is where confusion starts.

Thanks, I thought OP meant Original Poster as in the person that started the thread.

Agree I should have started my own one, its got a bit off topic :)

Who will we blame then?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Daily Living
    Activity 1 Preparing food.......................b) 2 points, needs to use an aid...
    Activity 2 Nutrition ..............................a) 0 points, (feel it possibly should have been d)
    Activity 3 Managing health condition.......a) 0 points (feel it possibly should have been d)
    Activity 5 Managing toilet needs.............b) 2 points needs to use an aid/appliance...
    Activity 6 Dressing...............................b) 2 points needs to use an aid....
    Activity 8 Reading................................a) 0 points (debatable if I should score anything)
    Activity 9) Dealing with people face to face....a) 0 points (100% certain, this should have been d)
    Activity 10) Budgeting .........................a) 0 points (feel it should have been b - d)

Mobility Issues
    Activity 11) Planing and following journey....a) 0 points (debatable if I should score anything)
    Activity 12) Moving around........ b) 4 points, can stand/move 50 - 200 meters (happy with that)

Based on the claimants likely future circumstances, it would be appropriate to review the claim in 3 years.

It is likely that the functional restriction identified in this report will be present at the recommended point of review......Yes
    Based on all of that i think you need to read this link, it will give you a better understanding of the descriptors and what they mean.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria

Activity 2 taking nutrition. The defined term ‘taking nutrition’ refers solely to the act of eating and drinking and so the quality of what is being consumed is irrelevant for the purposes of daily living activity 2. Therefore, if for any reason a claimant elects to have a bad or restricted diet, makes dietary choices or chooses to avoid certain foods as part of dietary requirements, they are nevertheless ‘taking nutrition’ to an acceptable standard and therefore will not score under activity 2.

Activity 3 managing therapy. This activity only applies to medication or therapy delivered in the home environment i.e. where the claimant lives. If this doesn't apply then 1 point is possible for needing assistance or use an aid to manage medication.

Activity 9 dealing with people face to face. You won't score this high here, Unless your condition causes extreme Overwhelming psychological distress, related to a mental health condition or intellectual or cognitive impairment which results in a severe anxiety state in which the symptoms are so severe that the person is unable to function.

I think you're being very optimistic with your point scoring on those descriptors.
  • Crazydennie
    Options
    Thanks, I thought OP meant Original Poster as in the person that started the thread.

Agree I should have started my own one, its got a bit off topic :)

I don't mind :)
    I'm Ever hopeful!
    :j:j:j:j
  • Anon61
    Options
    I received my pip quite quickly. I have what my neaurologist calls gross essential tremors.my assessor said moderate???.so I cannot use my hands .this is complicated. By digit and wrist fractures..I have been what they call agoraphobic since 87.but since then I had made short journeys .to shop small amounts.or to walk a test walk really.but I don't even do these now as I've had so many falls..broke bones.one fall I hit the pavement with my head.coupled with high blood pressure.i was told I could have died.so my confidence about going out alone has gone.so yaay me I took my daughter to my assessment.i got my report . apparently...I am not anxious. I can travel.i communicate well.i take it the tremor affecting my voice didn't sway her .I was asked why I felt comfortable talking with my daughter with me ,I wasnt comfortable at all? Would I talk to a stranger erm no.but hosp appointments etc are one to one and important..as is this today.she asked could I read a book .I said I can read, but I cannot physically hold or turn the pages of a book she rolled her eyes can you read from a sign.yes if it's near enough.i said I was drowsy because if my medication at the start.she asked for proof...my daughter handed my script to her.she stated I was seen to grip with my left and hand over my prescription.funny that as since breaking left thumb I've no grip.plus two weeks prior I'm referred to physio for difficulty moving the left arm .she said I have normal grip in both hands .but my grip is weak.and I was seen walking to the center.i was dropped off almost at the door.she stated I was able to walk 200 meters aided or unaided.as the area is 200.but I didn't walk 200.what I have is bad tremors ,my anxiety makes them worse in stressful situations.my daughter broke down in front of her .that made me cry. That wasn't mentioned.I did win standard for my daily.difficulties.im happy but dismayed not only do we have to bare our souls .but have people lie and get away with it.i was too afraid to appeal.i have had to now claim UC.i have the back to work assesment .I am petrified.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Daily Living

Mobility Issues

Thanks.

It looks as if the assessor has taken into account the physical effects of your CFS.
    They have scored you for the use of aids such as bathroom rails, etc.

They may have not taken note of the cognitive issues / anxiety / depression.
    I recall you posted some high GAD and PHQ scores

Bear in mind that to get to enhanced Daily Living you need to move from 8 to 12 points.
    So as you say you might be looking at an additional 2 on social engagement, 2 on budgeting,

Do you "Need prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant.", if so 4 additional points would get you a standard Mobility award.

I would suggest you sit down with family members, and carefully go through the additional possible activities / descriptors as explained in this guide:
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/725533/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-assessment-criteria.pdf

If you then think an appeal is worthwhile, try to get help from your local advice agency / CAB.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Iwanttobefree
    Options
    basically, during the day, due to my CFS, if my wife doesn't come home and make sure I eat, drink and take my medication, more often than not, I wont, even if it's right next to me.

And with my depression/anxiety, I avoid all members of the public like the plague, and get very very stressed and anxious in the lead up to medicals for example. It's this where I feel I should be in group d. In at least the past 5 years, I have rot gone to any social events at all, including pub etc except for birthdays when with my family. Probaly gone out in the evening no more than 3 times a year, again not by myself etc

Going to try to get hold of my CBT therapist on Monday to see if she will write a letter.

With regards to journeys, due to both my CFS and my depression, I haven#'t left the house without my wife to go on a journey for years except occasionally when I need to go to the GP that is a couple of hundred yards away from my house.

Who will we blame then?
  • weavedribbon
    Options
    I returned my daughters PIP review form back 8 weeks ago. When i rang DWP at the beginning of the week, i was told the form is still with the DWP :eek: so, i have no idea what's going on there.

I did send in multiple reports from the community mental health team, ASD assessment report, Care plan, proof of daily supported taxi to college, as well as 4 pages of extra information related to how her conditions affect her for each of the descriptors that apply. Will she need a face to face assessment i ask myself. Time will tell i guess.

Good luck with your claim.

I'm in a very similar position. Sent in my review form around the end of November and I'd not heard anything until yesterday. Yesterday's letter was just saying they've written to a health professional involved in my care for further information. I too sent in stacks of evidence and supporting letter from my care co from CMHT. I checked with her and it is her they've contacted but she's phoning them back first thing Monday so still not sure what they want to know. The letter made me feel extremely anxious but I'm trying not to overthink it or worry too much. It's hard not to though! I hope your daughter's claim goes well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure