New Post Advanced Search

New Year New Diary :)

edited 16 January 2019 at 10:58AM in Debt Free Diaries
110 replies 5.6K views

Replies

• SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy Monday MSE! :hello:

(I say that through gritted teeth as I feel really poorly and rotten today but my job isn't physically demanding enough to warrant time off unless I'm physically sick)

I went to the second job for 3 hours on Sunday just to do computer-based induction stuff and will be going back for 3 hours each day this Saturday and Sunday, to do contracts etc and receive all of my stuff, and then get cracking with starting the work! Everyone who was there popped their head in to introduce themselves and say hi, so they seem like a friendly bunch which is nice.

I transferred another £7 into my carry - over pot, so that's £12 I'll have going in to next month :D

I have physio again today, not sure how it will go my foot almost felt 100% up until Thursday so it got me wondering if perhaps my work shoes (which have a bit of a wedged heel) are contributing as the week progresses putting more pressure on that part of my foot. I will ask his opinion later but I picked up some cheap flat shoes before work just in case.

I had 2 NSD's over the weekend, we were just out and about on the Saturday and Sunday I did my 3 hours then just chilled at home while OH was at work. I should have known I was coming down with something as I have had very little energy all week but yesterday spent most of the afternoon/evening sleeping on and off on the sofa and then had to rush round and try and get all the ironing and tidying done.

At least the sun is shining :D
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope physio goes well :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope physio goes well :)

Thank you :D

He said that should be our last appointment unless I am very unlucky, so fingers crossed!
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    Thank you :D

He said that should be our last appointment unless I am very unlucky, so fingers crossed!

That's good then :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will post on here more regularly, I'll force myself to do it :D

I cannot believe it is only Tuesday, I walk around at the moment in a fog of feeling tired all of the time. I am making an effort to drink the recommended daily amount of water as I felt really good when I was doing this for a while, and have barely drank any lately. Sitting at around 1 litre drunk so far, so doing well. The key for me is to drink 500ml whilst I'm waiting for the kettle to boil for the coffee in the morning - it makes me gag but I push through!

I do need to get a haircut soon, I'm going to have to hold it out until I have been paid, though. I really thought it had been longer since I had it cut, but I think if I get it done on payday it'll only be around 5 weeks so I am worrying over nothing....

I am going to open up a HTB ISA when I get home tonight. Nationwide are offering a good interest rate but I need to update my address with them which requires my card reader, so that's a job for tonight.

I've also just had confirmation that my eBay refund has been processed. OH ordered (via me) a controller for his PlayStation that turned up nearly a week late, the item had been removed from eBay, the seller wasn't replying, and the tracking showed nothing so when it didn't turn up on the due date we went and bought another full price. After I requested a refund the seller asked if could refund me only half of the money, and I would need to pay for postage. I told him absolutely not, he would refund in full and have just had the notification that the refund is coming my way. Some people don't half try their luck!

;)
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Update address with NW
    - Open up HTB ISA
    - Discuss with OH paying my repayments to him into this account when we clear our debts, in order to benefit from the bonus & interest
    - Chase up quote for repairs & MOT which is due in the next month, and book in
    - Look in ASDA for a polo t-shirt to wear until I get my uniform this weekend (but do not buy, tomorrow is a planned spend day so buy then if I can find one. I plan to look for large kid's sizes)
    - Watch prolific and swagbucks like a hawk!

x
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Update address with NW need to fill out a form so will do it another day
    - [STRIKE]Open up HTB ISA[/STRIKE] opened with virgin money, same AER as Nationwide
    - [STRIKE]Discuss with OH paying my repayments to him into this account when we clear our debts, in order to benefit from the bonus & interest[/STRIKE] he agrees this is a good idea
    - [STRIKE]Chase up quote for repairs & MOT which is due in the next month, and book in[/STRIKE] all quoted and booked for 12th June
    - [STRIKE]Look in ASDA for a polo t-shirt to wear until I get my uniform this weekend (but do not buy, tomorrow is a planned spend day so buy then if I can find one. I plan to look for large kid's sizes)[/STRIKE] looked and found nothing in any section of the clothing
    - [STRIKE]Watch prolific and swagbucks like a hawk![/STRIKE] earned some pennies and cashed out on SB :D

x

VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do love a (mostly) completed to-do list. I think Nationwide are one of the only places where it is so much hassle to try and change any details, it's one of the reasons I closed my main account with them, that and the fact that they couldn't/wouldn't let me have anything other than a basic account so I got rid. Not to worry, Virgin Money had the same interest rate so I have opened mine and will sort out one for OH, too.

I booked an appointment for the doc's today, there's a lump on my face by my ear that has been there for a couple of weeks but I only really looked at it last week when it got really sore and it's kind of dark purple/black and sore/itchy. It also started to bleed this morning so I've booked in for next week. It's either something that won't go away by then and needs looking at, or it'll go by then and I can just cancel the appointment, so I'm covered either way.

The quote for my car repairs (three things need doing) and MOT is going to be between 220-280 depending on how much needs doing with the brakes, and thankfully I can manage that without any need for credit, it just means putting off settling my small debt with the agreed full & final, but I know they'll accept it now so there is no huge rush. If it means I can pay for the work for the car, then it's worth it. Plus, having had the service done last month and the full recommended work and MOT this month, that should be it for a while!

I am going to play bingo tonight with my nan and some friends at it is half price, so I hope I am lucky there!

My HTB has £5.00 in it, so all in all feeling organised right now :D I will sort today's to-do list shortly x
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    - sort out HTB ISA for OH
    - add last code to Sun Savers for Thorpe Park tickets & book
    - book day off of work on MOT day in case I am needed for anything
    - keep an eye on Prolific and Swagbucks
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    [strike]- sort out htb isa for oh[/strike] done
    - [strike]add last code to sun savers for thorpe park tickets & book[/strike] done & done
    - [strike]book day off of work on mot day in case i am needed for anything[/strike] put in request
    [strike]- keep an eye on prolific and swagbucks[/strike] done - not as profitable as yesterday but hey ho

VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00