New Post Advanced Search

New Year New Diary :)

edited 16 January 2019 at 10:58AM in Debt Free Diaries
110 replies 5.6K views
15678911»

Replies

• SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    No luck at bingo last night, I did ask OH why he ever suggests it as he dislikes not winning, I told him I will just say no in the future :rotfl:

Not much to report today I am going to order the new reg plate now that I have my car docs with me today, a couple of OH's Father's Day gifts will be arriving today. I'm not allowed to take them out unsupervised without incurring the wrath of their mum *rolls eyes* so I will just have to take them upstairs and show what I have bought and get them to wrap it. I'm sure they'll question some of the items but they are things I know he wants so he'll be pleased. I just need to work out what to get for my dad, and get a card, and then I'll be sorted.

I should have about £13 to cash out from PA in the next two days, and some more money from another site. These will just go into balancing my budget but anything extra I get on top of the money due in will go towards my Carry Over pot. Next month I will also be able to pay into my Car Stuff 2020 pot, which will be nice to do at last. Thankfully, with the service done last month and my MOT and repairs done this month, I hopefully have my car costs out of the way bar any serious issues that might arise.
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    - order number plate
    - buy fathers day card for my dad
    - buy some wrapping paper for OH's gifts
    - chase up whether or not I have the day off for my MOT next week
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    [STRIKE]- order number plate[/STRIKE] done, should be arriving tomorrow with any luck
    - buy fathers day card for my dad - will do later in week
    - buy some wrapping paper for OH's gifts - as above
    - [STRIKE]chase up whether or not I have the day off for my MOT next week[/STRIKE] done, I am indeed covered to have the day off

VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was a bit naughty today and spent £32 on some insoles :o

I went into a foot shop and was just looking to see if there were any that would provide arch support as I've been trying to research again what could be causing my foot pain and one suggestion was insoles with arch support. So I got chatting to the lady in there who got me to stand on a scanner and she said I have high arches (sports injury guy before physio told me I had flat feet :wall:) that were probably not that obvious as my ankles roll in (I already knew this and have trainers that support that). It also showed me at the moment I put the bulk of my weight on my non-injured foot which is what is causing the knee pain I am getting on that side!

So, I opted for some supportive insoles and even just in the few hours I have had them in my work shoes, it is much, much more comfortable to walk. I have cancelled my physio appointment at the end of this week to counter the cost of the insoles, and also as that would have been the only one I could afford until next month.

I also plan to start drinking cherry juice as it's been suggested the pain and stiffness I get flaring up in my big toe could be gout. Hopefully, if I'm lucky, sticking with the insoles and cherry juice could lead to some permanent relief in my foot! Fingers crossed :o
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope the insoles work for you.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope the insoles work for you.

Thanks beanie :)
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not much to report from me today... going to collect some sticky pads from Halfords on my lunch today, that should be all the bits I need pre-MOT then I just want to clean my car before it goes for the MOT.

OH was due to be off today and viewing two houses, now has to work this afternoon and potentially tonight but he is trying to sort out going and coming back as one of the houses is with the estate agents we are with now so we might have marginal priority, and it'll be easier as there will be no referencing, etc. The other one is nice, too, but we would both prefer the one he is due to view first. Fingers crossed he can make them as they are bound to go very quickly, the first house only went online yesterday and already had viewings yesterday. It is a really good size and beautifully decorated.

We shall see!
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today will be a NSD, I will be spending most of my lunch break travelling to and being at the doctors to get my MMR jab as I never had the full course as a child, so that's a thrilling lunch break :rotfl: luckily there are some local shops right near the doctors so no paying for parking!

Got my rota (they run Sat-Sun) and I am doing just a little over time this weekend overall, an extra 30 minutes each day however next Saturday I am doing an 8 hour shift, but never mind it is all money! Even if for the rest of the month I only do the contracted 6 hours per weekend, I will have earnt enough to pay OH the extra money we agreed and still have some extra money in my own pocket, too. £50 of that will be going straight into my pot for car costs next year.

I had a sun savers invitation to a free bingo game between 7pm and 8pm this evening so I will have that going whilst I tidy up the house, it is in dire need of it!

My cool bag and ice packs should also arrive today, so I can bring chilled lunches again until the work fridge arrives to replace the broken one.

No to-do list today, really, just plodding on....
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back from doctors, asked about my physio referral as it had been done in January and heard nothing

As soon as she said "Just give me one moment to check that I'll be right back" I knew it hadn't been done, and I was correct :mad: she has said they are now putting it through as urgent as obviously I should be having nhs physio by now, so that's something at least. I probably will not book in with the private one for now as I should not be waiting too long to start booking the free appointments!

So, annoying (very annoying) but at least there may be some progress now :undecided
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    That is shocking.
    Hopefully you will hear very soon.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***