New Post Advanced Search

New Year New Diary :)

edited 16 January 2019 at 10:58AM in Debt Free Diaries
110 replies 5.6K views

Replies

• SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    beanielou wrote: »
    Take it easy.
    I broke a finger years ago & I was very dramatic!!

I don't blame you :rotfl:

What a miserable day it is outside!

All DD's gone out for debt repayments now, so working on scraping together what I can to make any kind of over payment.

No weight loss this week, but no weight gain either which is always good. I wasn't expecting a loss after I'd had some naughty food with the intention of burning it off through squash, and then not making it to squash!

I am going to go to the gym this evening and work on what I can without using my toes, even if it's just some time on the sit down bike where I make sure to do all the pushing with my heels and midfoot, not toes.
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Blowing a hoolie here :eek:
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a bit of a grump today. I asked OH to phone the estate agents and not email them as we are still having the pressure issue with our boiler, and I woke up yesterday and this morning to no heating, as well as when I get in from work last night, yet he seems in no hurry to sort it. Perhaps I will stop temporarily resolving the issue by the time he wakes up - he may take it more seriously if he is the one walking round in a freezing cold house. I could not even have a shower this morning as I had a bath last night after the gym, so that hot water would have been used up...

And breeeeeeeeeathe (MSE is good for anonymous rants!)

On the plus side, I just redeemed my first £10 voucher from Swagbucks after a week, so I'm confident I can make enough on there each month to make small over-payments.

OH and I are not getting on very well today, but I am sure it will pass as it does whenever we hit a bit of a tough patch. He is tense waiting for the ex to proceed with the house sale as she is always going away and he is always skint. I'm just always tired at the moment and annoyed about my toe!

But tomorrow will be another day :o
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today is a brand new day indeed!

Woke up again to the house being freezing cold :mad:

However - we have finally had a response from the property manager who has arranged for someone to come out, and also addressed all of our other issues. The main one is the fact that our landlady has finally agreed to fit a water meter into the property. Our last water bill was over £100, so I would have been extremely annoyed had she not changed her mind and decided that was fair. Lord knows how the previous tenants managed to afford that much!

This week I have gotten a free jar of Nutella from Shopmium, and have a free bunch of flowers arriving tomorrow, and will have a free £5 from Monese at some point today, too. The referrals board is now my new favourite place to nose around :rotfl:

I also sold an old purse on eBay last night, and should have my £10 Mastercard voucher from Swagbucks today.

Today is a good day!

xx
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    And so begins another week!

I paid an extra £10 to a credit card yesterday as someone used my referral code on a banking app, I will try and get OH and some of my family to do the same :o

Once I get my voucher from SB, that will be another £10 paid off of the credit card too, and I have a purse on eBay that should make me another £10, so the CC will have £30 overpaid to it this month, at least.

Another morning of no heating or hot water when I woke up, thankfully my hair is still quite clean and neat as it was kept in a ponytail overnight.

Total weight loss in a month = 9lbs :D:D
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    As promised, the extra £10 was paid off of the CC with my Swagbucks Mastercard voucher - I really should have gotten the hang of this site earlier! I have another £10 I expect to receive on Thursday! If I can average 200SB per day, I can make £50 a month from this site. This month, I will have made £20 in 2 weeks so it is definitely possible if I put my mind to it.

I will have £5 coming by tomorrow from another referral, and a little cashback today coming from Shopmium which will be pinged over to my Tesco savings account. It will only make it up to a few quid, but it is better than nothing.

My gift pots and car maintenance pots have still gone untouched for the month which is good!

I have increased my standing order to OH for each month's bills as they have been higher than average, although I have reduced the draught in our house massively so hoping to see a decrease in our huge gas bills, and the council tax direct debit reduces next month as we are onto our first full year.

I will take a meter reading when I get home tonight just to see our usage since I last took one, and work out whether I have made as much of a difference as I had hoped with the draught proofing and adjusting the timers, fingers crossed.

I will also have a few pounds arriving from another survey site today, but I think I need to add that to my petrol pot as I have done the SSDD23 special of juggling money between accounts after overspending!

xx
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am in the slump today of feeling miserable about being in debt, and annoyed that I am in this situation. I pay nearly 1/3 of my income to debts, and cannot afford to save properly. And that is is all my own doing! Oh, and my income will decrease by £55 with the new tax year for tax I need to repay.

I guess we all get these days.

I had to use my £25 in my pots last night for fuel, and have to hope that is enough to tide me over until payday.

Yesterday as I went to leave work, my car took an age to kick in when starting it up and gave me a light on my dashboard. Restarting the car got rid of it, and it has no issues driving, nor did it occur again when I left my house for the gym, or left the gym to come home, or for my trips to and from the petrol station. It did it again this morning after having been left overnight, though. The same trick cleared it. I am going to go to it during my lunch hour and do the pedal test to see if I get any error codes and see what's going on, and just double check the oil levels.

It needs a service, it's 15 years old and I don't know when it got done before I brought it, but I simply cannot afford it. Not even on a credit card. Equally, if it turns out to need a repair, I can't afford that either.

I wasn't going to mention this before for fear of people saying I would be taking an easy way out, but OH have come to an agreement (all his idea) that when he gets his money from the house sale (it goes up at the end of this month) he will clear my debts along with his and I will repay him by means of paying £250 into a savings account which will form the basis of a house deposit in the future. Once the initial amount is repaid I will continue to pay in so that I can have more of a "stake" as such in our house deposit. So, there is a light further down the tunnel, it's just hard going at the moment.

I also hate my job. I have nothing to do for most of the day, and my finish time gets in the way of doing cleaning or something before or after my current hours where I could increase my income and pay some debts down quicker. Interviews for other jobs would be tricky as I work alone and even for doctors and dentists I have to try and book things into my lunch hour. The only upside is I can get lots of surveys and things done.

This mood will pass, it always does, I can just about muddle through if I am super strict with myself going forwards. I am considering stopping my pension contributions until after everything is squared financially, just for some breathing room, with the intention to resume and possibly increase contributions afterwards. Certainly not as a permanent or long-term thing.

(I apologise if you've sat through all of that whinging)
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today is a new day!

I got a quote for my car repair for £65 which is much better than I was expecting, and the guy is happy to pick up and drop off my car whilst I am at work, and send me an invoice so I can transfer the money once the repair is complete. I'm amazing at how willing he is to work around my schedule! I will ask my nan today if she can lend me £50 to tide me over for the repair until next weekend, and I have triple-checked my budget to make sure I can afford to do that. OH did offer but we are in a bit of a grump with each other at the moment so I would prefer not to be so dependent on his goodwill.

I should have my £10 Swagbucks voucher today, and I have requested another £10 which I will get early next week. I should also have a few sales on eBay over the weekend, and will be taking in some change to the bank to change up tomorrow.

I feel much better with a plan! I have got a strict budget of what money needs to move where for groceries and fuel come pay day, and have removed the groceries card from my Apple pay so that I won't be able to dip into it and then have to juggle money afterwards!

Much, much better today.
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is nearly the weekend, thank god!

I am very much looking forward to not doing a huge amount this weekend. I have housework to do but OH can pitch in with that on Sunday if I don't feel like getting loads done on Saturday. I had a polite chat with him this morning about checking the washing or ironing baskets on his day off in the weekend to see if he can lighten my load a little, he is very spoilt in the sense of I do all of the washing and ironing and food shopping and he just gets to chill on his day off. I enjoyed being busy all the time initially but it's time he started to pitch in!

I am about a day away from being able to request my fourth voucher from Swagbucks since the 13th, so that will be £40 requested in 10 days if I manage to do it tomorrow. I should have looked into this site sooner!

I think I mainly need to get out of the habit of spending money before I've got it. It's not so bad in the sense of "That £10 can get paid off of the credit card/go into savings", it's more "I can waste this £10/£20 this week as I know I've got that amount coming in the next few days". That is truly just wasteful spending.

I have to use my CC for our food shop tomorrow so I will try and keep it as low as possible (I used the grocery money through many apple pay transactions as it was linked - it's not anymore!) but I have made lots of little-and-often payments to it this week so even with a £30/£40 food shop it will still have a lower balance than it did after the monthly direct debit came out, and I will be able to put another £20-£30 to it with my survey and swagbucks money for next week.

I truly feel I am finally turning over a new leaf :)
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00