New Post Advanced Search

New Year New Diary :)

edited 16 January 2019 at 10:58AM in Debt Free Diaries
110 replies 5.6K views

Replies

• SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sleepy SSDD today!

OH is a real fidget-pants in his sleep at the moment, he keeps ending up on my side of the bed and waking me up. I feel like suggesting we switch sides but then he will probably end up on the floor :rotfl: last night was particularly bad, I think I was up 3 or 4 times so I will need matchsticks at some point today!

I did some at home workout stuff with the weights we got for Christmas, as 4 of the lbs I lost have crept back on somehow.... *cough* chocolate *cough* wine *cough* takeaways *cough*. Real mystery! Anyway, my muscles know for sure that they were worked out for the first time in ages, wee bit sore today.

Slow cooker curry for dinner tonight, I was supposed to put it all on before work this morning but OH changed his days off around and is now off so he is doing it instead. Nice and low maintenance!

Two more days until payday and until I can start doing some more money-shuffling, and two weeks until the dreaded MOT!
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Fit new rear wiper blade on car
    - Phone blood donation and check I can donate after visiting Oz (shouldn't be an issue)
    - Keep an eye out for eBay refund
    - Weekly car checks (tyres, oil, coolant, etc)
    - Watch for surveys
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    - [STRIKE]Fit new rear wiper blade on car[/STRIKE] -done at the expense of my freshly done nails, clearly it has not been changed in so long for it to be so stiff!
    - [STRIKE]Phone blood donation and check I can donate after visiting Oz (shouldn't be an issue)[/STRIKE] - done, all good to donate
    - [STRIKE]Keep an eye out for eBay refund[/STRIKE] - just arrived, need some for petrol and squirrelled £10 to carry over
    - [STRIKE]Weekly car checks (tyres, oil, coolant, etc)[/STRIKE] - done, all fine
    - [STRIKE]Watch for surveys[/STRIKE] - did 3 :)

VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not much to do/report on the day before payday so I am just working through things to keep my sanity.

The best of these has been finally persuading my boss to let me purchase a basic £15 phone for work, as the people that live where I work just have my personal phone number, which leads to messages/calls outside of my work hours and a poor work/life balance! Now, with the new number, they can only contact me during working hours. I'm sure a few will try but they will get nowhere with my personal number - I just won't answer! :o

I also spoke with OH about working to improve my relationship with his kids, his 11yo barely speaks to me and it's very disheartening to keep making the effort and getting nowhere with it. The response from OH has always been "give it time" but we have been together nearly 2 years now, and 1 year around the kids (ish) so I would have thought things would be less... rigid(?) by now. He's not dismissed the concern this time so hopefully that's something he's willing to address with me.

I have applied for a few jobs today to try and replace my weekday job, I genuinely thing it is affecting my MH having so little to do and so little interaction with people day in day out, I come away from the weekend one feeling much happier because I'm around others!

I think I have just decided that I am not happy spending so much of my time feeling unhappy or stressed, what is the point in that? Life is for living! Thus, it's time to change what I can to start getting the most out of life :D
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Payday at long last!! :j:j

Accounts that need manually paying have been paid, fuel money has been transferred to the correct account and grocery money has been transferred also. Dentist money (budgeted for) has been allocated to a pot, as has the money for my MOT and car repairs (also budgeted for).

The budget is general is very tight but perfectly doable as long as I don't waste any money! Lot's of NSD's needed then :D

I am doing overtime at my second job this weekend, I had in my head that it would be a kind of "offer and accept/decline" deal for the extra hours but they've put me down for 3 hours tomorrow and 6 hours Saturday so OH is a bit grumbly as he is off all weekend but we both agreed the money would be helpful so he can just deal with it..... :A
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • MunchinMunchin Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning SSDD

I like getting my hands on new months pay. My budget is also on the squeaky side and will have to hope for lots of NSDs
    DEBT FREE - 14 January 2020 :D

Savings (April 2020) - EF -£200/£20,000 (1%) / Xmas - £100 / Travel 2020 - £1,100/£5,500 (20%)
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Munchin wrote: »
    Morning SSDD

I like getting my hands on new months pay. My budget is also on the squeaky side and will have to hope for lots of NSDs

Morning Munchin!

We can keep track together and cheer each other on :D
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it's Monday again!

My shifts at work over the weekend went well I'm feeling a bit more comfortable now with all of the things I am learning, and even the 6 hour shift yesterday went quite well. I have got a little corner on my spreadsheet where I put in my hours worked and it works out my net pay into the next month's budget tab so I can plan ahead :)

I spent around £5 on Saturday getting the train to and from a bbq so that OH and I could have a few drinks, but that £5 is better than the money we would have spent had we stayed over in a hotel. Also, lots of steps to and from the train stations so got some exercise in to counter the food and booze :rotfl: we only just made the train home as the doors were closing so that was lucky as the one after that was cancelled :eek:

No spends yesterday, it helps I was working the full hours that shops are open :rotfl: but I bought in a packed lunch so didn't feel tempted to buy anything whilst I was on my break.

T minus 9 days for the MOT, I need to reserve a new reg plate online and then phone Halfords to check that they can fit it when I collect it at the weekend. Time to get cracking for today's to-do list....
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Reserve reg plate
    - Call Halfords to check about fitting
    - Reconcile budget/bank account
    - Keep an eye out for surveys
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    [STRIKE]- Reserve reg plate
    - Call Halfords to check about fitting[/STRIKE] went online to do this and all of their options to buy a reg plate are showing "out of stock" so not sure what is going on there. I have however researched using the sticky pads and not screws to fit them and it seems to be quite widely done and safe, so I will be ordering a cheaper plate and sticking it on myself. Win :D
    - [STRIKE]Reconcile budget/bank account[/STRIKE] still balances, just :)
    - [STRIKE]Keep an eye out for surveys[/STRIKE] did 2 :)

OH is treating us both to (cheap) bingo tonight as he thinks we need to do a bit more cheap/fun stuff here and there, but he knows all of my disposable is tied up for my car. I am looking forward to actually having disposable income to use next month...!
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00